I have a poulan pl3816 and want a bigger bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sasuke

Reaction score
I have a 16 inch bar on a polan 3816 that was given to me I want to upgrade to a 18or even a 20 inch but am worried that it might not work and I don’t have the extra money to switch back to a 16 if it don’t work my bar now is kinda messed up from a bad pinch in a snagged tree

I have a 16 inch bar on a polan 3816 that was given to me I want to upgrade to a 18or even a 20 inch but am worried that it might not work and I don’t have the extra money to switch back to a 16 if it don’t work my bar now is kinda messed up from a bad pinch in a snagged tree

I'm curious , if you look at the epa sticker on your saw , does it have 42cc displacement ?
Did the bad pinch mess up the sprocket , guide rails , twist the bar , bend the bar ?
A relative has a poulan pl3816 and I remember it having a Oregon A041 mount bar .

20 inch bar is too much for your 3816.

I've got couple 3816's and some equivalents and 18 is enough.
The engine really has to be turned good for a full bar cut using a 18 and a sharp chain.

The engine is more user friendly with a very sharp 16inch bar. The engine can be tuned little more rich for the 4 stroking. (engine does not have to be as strong)

Latest posts

Back