i might be doing a bone head move here so flame me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope,,, not according to the bottle and heres the label
View attachment 370199
hey Scott...
can you tell me why on your chart there the 3 gallon 32:1 ratio is different then the ratio of all the others...( it goes up by 3 oz per gallon until 3 gallons, then its 4 oz ?)
duh ?
I don't trust label makers )

hey Scott...
can you tell me why on your chart there the 3 gallon 32:1 ratio is different then the ratio of all the others...( it goes up by 3 oz per gallon until 3 gallons, then its 4 oz ?)
duh ?
I don't trust label makers )
see,, now your splitting hairs,,,,i am not the one that makes the labels,,,, i figure since they spend the money to research an test everything then it must be either close or right,,, 2.6 ounces of echo power blend with 9 tenths of a gallon is 45:1,,,, so 3 ounces should be 40:1 with a gallon

Nope. You need to buy good oil to get that rating.

JASO Engine Oil Standards Implementation Panel [ Filed Two Cycle Gasoline Engine Oil List ]
1 September 2014
Performance Brand Name Submitter Name Oil Code classifications
STIHL HP Super Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG049STI011 FD

I don't understand what bore size has to due with anything. Oil ratio should be based on quality of oil, piston speed, compression, load, temps etc. Isn't Stihl synth oil rated JASO FD? That's a pretty high rating. People have been running 50:1 in saws for years with no problems. If you want a little more insurance or increase the performance of a saw, I agree you should increase the oil to compensate. I don't understand why anyone would run an expensive oil if you have to use 50% more oil. Klotz, Belray & Maxima are not cheap oils. Or am I wrong in thinking that running Stihl oil in a stock Stihl saw at 50:1 like Stihl recommends will provide years of trouble free use.

The Stihl, and Husky oils don't work well at 32:1.....they leave too much crud behind.

I buy a better oil so I can use more of it and still have a nice clean engine.

JASO Engine Oil Standards Implementation Panel [ Filed Two Cycle Gasoline Engine Oil List ]
1 September 2014
Performance Brand Name Submitter Name Oil Code classifications
STIHL HP Super Andreas Stihl AG & Co. KG049STI011 FD
I believe Ultra is FB - can you get Super in the US? Also, Super is not full synthetic.

I believe Ultra is FB - can you get Super in the US? Also, Super is not full synthetic.
You are correct, I didn't realize there was a difference. I just went out & looked at my bottle & sure enough, it was just Ultra & stamped FB. I don't know if you can get it here or not. I just assumed the FD rated super was what I had. Is the standard ultra really that bad? I've been using it in my other saws & Kombi for a couple of years with no fouled plugs, no plugged exhaust screens or any other issues. I have lots of other full synthetic oils rated FC. Should I switch or burn up the ultra that I have. I can't believe it's all that bad, Stihl doubles your warranty if you use it.

You are correct, I didn't realize there was a difference. I just went out & looked at my bottle & sure enough, it was just Ultra & stamped FB. I don't know if you can get it here or not. I just assumed the FD rated super was what I had. Is the standard ultra really that bad? I've been using it in my other saws & Kombi for a couple of years with no fouled plugs, no plugged exhaust screens or any other issues. I have lots of other full synthetic oils rated FC. Should I switch or burn up the ultra that I have. I can't believe it's all that bad, Stihl doubles your warranty if you use it.
I doubt it is bad, I just wouldn't go out of my way to get it. And I hate the way it smells like burning plastic.

The Stihl, and Husky oils don't work well at 32:1.....they leave too much crud behind.

I buy a better oil so I can use more of it and still have a nice clean engine.
You're getting the saw in a few months. It currently has had 3 tanks of fuel through it, all 90 non eth & 50:1 stihl standard Ultra. It will have another 4-8 tanks through it when you get it. Would you like to see what 10 tanks of ultra at 50:1 look like, or should I switch oils & ratio? I have Torco syn, Belray Si-7, Maxima Tundra, Arctic Cat syn & SLP Racing syn in stock.

yep,, another oil thread,,,been doing a lot of research on the different oils,, reason for that is that the echo power blend that i have been using keeps going up and up in price,, right now it is 2.50 for a 2.6 oz bottle,, enough for 1 gallon,, so i decided to do a lot of reading to see what everyone else is using,,,, i have been using the echo power blend for years with no issues but then i only cut maybe 5 cords a year too,,, i do go though a lot in my weedeater though,,, so i stopped a oreileys and got a quart of of the lucas,,,, for the 10 bucks i can mix 2x's more with the lucas then i can the echo,,, so let the flaming begin
View attachment 370079
Do you know of anything that's gone down except for bank CD rates?

Klotz is under $20 a quart in my area. I use it in saws and has always held up excellent in the full blown drag banshees and blasters. And to me it smells way better than Bel-ray but I wldnt hesitate a bit to run either.

Back