I think I found the limit of my furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20130707_173658.jpg
On a different note..I like your avatar ! What kind of loader is that ? When the pic was small...I thought it was an old Dynahoe...like my grandfather had ! When my uncle refers to the quickness of its digging capabilities...he calls it the "Dyna-Slow !!!
Anyway..I see now that its not a Dyna-Slow !! Just curious !
The loader is a New Holland LB620. It was made by General in the early 80's and New Holland picked up the design through the mid 80's (at least that's how I believe it happened.) It has a 53hp Onan 4 cylinder diesel and can pick up well in excess of 2500 lb. The backhoe has something like an 11,000 break-out force. The digging capabilities aren't so slow, but the travel speed is slow. That and the lack of part availability are probably the biggest downfalls.

That and the lack of part availability are probably the biggest downfalls.

Thats why the old Dynahoe went down the road :( It had a Detroit diesel.....and a loud one at that !!
Your machine looks pretty cool..thanks for the pic !! Almost reminds me of a trencher lookin machine !!

I have cathedral ceiling in my living room, I run a ceiling fan blowing up, it keep the warm air mixed and flowing down the walls.
I woke up this morning to 62° house, OWB was out of wood, and the water temp of the water was down to 70°, threw some wood in and it took off and started burning good.

Took about an hour to get the water temp back up, and about an hour to get the house back up to the 72° where we keep it during the day.

I don't know how you guys stay married keeping your houses in the 60" s if my wife and kids are up walking around it better be 72 + or they whine and moan that they're freezing . At. 68 or less it feels cold to me but I guess that's a preference thing. From running wood furnaces for years

So a little off direction here but...

H Ranch, you mentioned that it took 8 hours to get the house back up to temp with the fan running the whole time, would it be possible to turn the propane burner on for a little bit, that way ou wold be blower preheated air over your coil.
It seems like that would make even hotter air, do that for like an hour it would cost you a gallon of propane, but if it quickly raises the heat in the house.

Or is there something in there that i am missing that wold make that bad, other than burning some gas.

So a little off direction here but...

H Ranch, you mentioned that it took 8 hours to get the house back up to temp with the fan running the whole time, would it be possible to turn the propane burner on for a little bit, that way ou wold be blower preheated air over your coil.
It seems like that would make even hotter air, do that for like an hour it would cost you a gallon of propane, but if it quickly raises the heat in the house.

Or is there something in there that i am missing that wold make that bad, other than burning some gas.
Since the maximum output air temperature of the furnace running on propane is 175F it would not increase it to have them both heating the air if the OWB heat exchanger had 175F water running through it. I'm saying it would have taken just as long to bring the house up to temperature if the furnace had been using propane instead of the OWB. But either way, they are not additive - it does not make 350F air if they both are heating at 175F.

And then there is the bad part about burning some gas as you mentioned! ;)

Latest posts

Back