If HONDA made a line of chainsaws.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honda made many great 2 stoke motocross bikes. My 86 CR250 was one of them .Along the way they were known as the 4 stroke company but from what I seen their 4 strokes were great cause they were slow and under powered. Talked to a man with 2 kids racing motocross last year, said the Yamaha would last 3 times as long before a rebuild but cost 3 times as much as the Honda when the time came(titanium valves). If Honda made a 2 stoke chainsaw ? Yes , if 4 stoke, no I'll wait untill Yamaha comes along:msp_rolleyes:

Honda makes a great small engine, the Amish use them from balers to pumps. I have a 13hp honda on my Dosko stump grinder, that thing is 100 percent reliable.
Kawasaki makes a fine enduro bike, I got the KDX out one last time before the snow hits.
View attachment 266546

If Honda Made a Chainsaw

NO THANKS !!!^^^^^^

honda.jpg

I would definitely buy a Honda chainsaw, and I am sure it would be great...as long as it didn't have a V6 with an automatic transmission, an overdue timing belt, automatic sliding side doors, or body parts subject to northeast winters!

Ehhh Explain Spies and Rossi.
True,at the top level when all the riders are ridiculously good,a bike that isn't set up quite as well will make a huge difference.Not so much for regular mortals though.If I was running a race team,I'd sooner the best rider on a slightly substandard bike than the best bike and a substandard rider.
I feel for Spies,I think his results don't mirror his abilities.Whether the Yamaha just doesn't suit his style or maybe it's just that he's a giant racing a bunch of fleas,hopefully he get back to a top ride.
Rossi is coming to the end of his career but I'd love to see him pull off one more.

The bike had fairly low hours, It sat parked for many years.
These things happen to them all but a bike that sits for a long period rusts internally,seals harden,bearings get crunchy etc.
Even when running steady,my 125's typically got 2 ring jobs per season with a piston change at the second ring set.

mommie feeds you yet huh???? i plainly stated that honda did not do well in 2012 due to lack of improvements. 2013 will be a different story. 13 i am not, a fan boy i am, after own 40+ hondas' in my life time-and never a failure/problem- you bet i am. i use a large fleet of honda atvs and utvs in my business and they have been flawless. my last goldwing had over 100k on it when i traded it, what other brand can lay claim to that? now you best run along and go ride your buddies whatever it is, and oh, your momie calling you too............ we will all be awaiting one of your sensless rants about honda again, wait a minute, isn't this a chainsaw forum???????

Nice post,I'll hit them in order....

Yes,from time to time,my "mommie" does feed me though not enough for my liking though I sometimes get a pie or a plate of cookies:rock:
I'm fortunate in that my parents are both still alive and in reasonable health,even though they're well into their seventies.They still live in their own home and I do what I can to ensure they can continue to do that for as long as possible.It would kill them to be stuck in a home,and I don't blame them.

So Honda didn't do well last year do to lack of improvements eh?What about the previous six years(assuming as you do their results are solely depending on the bike)
SX starts in a couple weeks.I'll be interested in seeing how the "new" Honda does.Reed is their best hope with Canard a long shot if he can stay healthy.Reeds getting a little long in the tooth and is going to have trouble with "young guns"I pick Villopoto if he stays healthy,Dungey if he doesn't.
If Honda doesn't win I'd love to rub your nose in it :jester:,but I know I won't remember your name or probably even this thread by then.

I have owned various Honda's over the years but currently the only one I have is an 01 350ES Rancher.I't a good machine and I've been well pleased.It gets maybe a 100km per year-sometimes less.I putter around here and take my daughter up around the lakes fishing a couple times a year.I don't ride through mud holes or abuse it.It gets regular maintenance,Amsoil synthetics,Maxima waterproof grease etc.I've had to put a speed sensor on it(they almost always need crank angle sensors but not mine yet)
Brakes,rebuilt the starter,one cable and the other odd little bit.Pretty dam good I'd say.
So you've had 40+ Honda's,currently have a large fleet and have "NEVER A FAILURE OR PROBLEM" ? I call BS on that.

I'd love to run along and ride my buddies "whatever it is" (It's a CRF450 btw.I told you that previously.I'm surprised you don't know what it is as you know so much about them)but the track is sleeping for the winter,and the woods are a shade slippery.It's a sweet ride and though a Rekluse isn't my thing,it's cool thing to have when you're wore out.

I have no idea where you're getting this Rotax builds KTM engines thing.
Maybe you're thinking of ATK.They have used Rotax engines and had a bit of a connection to KTM with Horst Leitner with the no link.ATK and KTM have two of the same letters-maybe that's where you're confused.
Rotax and KTM are both Austrian companies,but have nothing to do with each other.
Your statement would be the same as me saying GM builds engines for Ford and if you don't believe it,prove to me that they don't.
Here's a Rotax link,scroll down for engine applications.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=roatx%20engines%22austria%22&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FRotax&ei=AZXEUJzTN-T8yAGz2oCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNFuMhTAwCqGuI26g_IvfoBcOSXDpg&bvm=bv.1354675689,d.aWc

You're right,it is a chainsaw forum and this is a shade off track but the OP posted a premise that would require one to examine other products of this companies to speculate on what kind of chainsaw they'd build.It's hard to critique their chainsaw line when they don't have one isn't it Einstein?

Well,that's as senseless a "rant" as I can come up with.You've been consistently pulling things out of your arse that have no bearing on reality and,though it's fun for a while,it does get old.
With that thought in mind,this is my last post on this thread.Have a good day.:msp_smile:

BTW, Cat diesels suck too.:poke::biggrin:

Nice post,I'll hit them in order....

Yes,from time to time,my "mommie" does feed me though not enough for my liking though I sometimes get a pie or a plate of cookies:rock:
I'm fortunate in that my parents are both still alive and in reasonable health,even though they're well into their seventies.They still live in their own home and I do what I can to ensure they can continue to do that for as long as possible.It would kill them to be stuck in a home,and I don't blame them.

So Honda didn't do well last year do to lack of improvements eh?What about the previous six years(assuming as you do their results are solely depending on the bike)
SX starts in a couple weeks.I'll be interested in seeing how the "new" Honda does.Reed is their best hope with Canard a long shot if he can stay healthy.Reeds getting a little long in the tooth and is going to have trouble with "young guns"I pick Villopoto if he stays healthy,Dungey if he doesn't.
If Honda doesn't win I'd love to rub your nose in it :jester:,but I know I won't remember your name or probably even this thread by then.

I have owned various Honda's over the years but currently the only one I have is an 01 350ES Rancher.I't a good machine and I've been well pleased.It gets maybe a 100km per year-sometimes less.I putter around here and take my daughter up around the lakes fishing a couple times a year.I don't ride through mud holes or abuse it.It gets regular maintenance,Amsoil synthetics,Maxima waterproof grease etc.I've had to put a speed sensor on it(they almost always need crank angle sensors but not mine yet)
Brakes,rebuilt the starter,one cable and the other odd little bit.Pretty dam good I'd say.
So you've had 40+ Honda's,currently have a large fleet and have "NEVER A FAILURE OR PROBLEM" ? I call BS on that.

I'd love to run along and ride my buddies "whatever it is" (It's a CRF450 btw.I told you that previously.I'm surprised you don't know what it is as you know so much about them)but the track is sleeping for the winter,and the woods are a shade slippery.It's a sweet ride and though a Rekluse isn't my thing,it's cool thing to have when you're wore out.

I have no idea where you're getting this Rotax builds KTM engines thing.
Maybe you're thinking of ATK.They have used Rotax engines and had a bit of a connection to KTM with Horst Leitner with the no link.ATK and KTM have two of the same letters-maybe that's where you're confused.
Rotax and KTM are both Austrian companies,but have nothing to do with each other.
Your statement would be the same as me saying GM builds engines for Ford and if you don't believe it,prove to me that they don't.
Here's a Rotax link,scroll down for engine applications.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=roatx%20engines%22austria%22&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FRotax&ei=AZXEUJzTN-T8yAGz2oCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNFuMhTAwCqGuI26g_IvfoBcOSXDpg&bvm=bv.1354675689,d.aWc

You're right,it is a chainsaw forum and this is a shade off track but the OP posted a premise that would require one to examine other products of this companies to speculate on what kind of chainsaw they'd build.It's hard to critique their chainsaw line when they don't have one isn't it Einstein?

Well,that's as senseless a "rant" as I can come up with.You've been consistently pulling things out of your arse that have no bearing on reality and,though it's fun for a while,it does get old.
With that thought in mind,this is my last post on this thread.Have a good day.:msp_smile:

BTW, Cat diesels suck too.:poke::biggrin:
hey there i got it....instead of "the daily grind by FORD832" you could sign on here and do: "the daily douche-by FORD832:THE HEAD DOUCHE" :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

If Honda made a chainsaw it would be heavy and underpowered, but would make a nice street chainsaw. Then if you did a muffler mod, It would sound like someone farting in a bath tub. It would be totally over engineered, " THE HONDA WAY!!!!!" To flip the bar, I'm sure you would have to remove the clutch, handle and tank. But it would be a decent running machine.

Now if Kawasaki made a chainsaw.

If Honda made a chainsaw it would be heavy and underpowered, but would make a nice street chainsaw. Then if you did a muffler mod, It would sound like someone farting in a bath tub. It would be totally over engineered, " THE HONDA WAY!!!!!" To flip the bar, I'm sure you would have to remove the clutch, handle and tank. But it would be a decent running machine.

Now if Kawasaki made a chainsaw.

they would have nearly gone out of business by now, like Kawi

10 Years ago Kawi's wernt so hot...

I just hope the chainsaw doesn't have the latest Honda malfunction !!!!!
Can you imagine putting your saw away all cleaned and tidy in its favorite resting spot......then hearing it running just as you fall asleep?
:):) That would be scary!!!

DETROIT (AP) -- Honda is recalling more than 800,000 minivans and SUVs in the U.S. because they can roll away even though drivers have removed the key. (from manufacturingdotnet)

(In the spirit of the post...I am being deliberately crazy):dizzy:

They would have a 15cc model with a 6" bar. Kids would remove the A/V mounts and crankshaft counterweights and put on 6" diameter mufflers and blue LED lights inside the recoil covers, and run them at 20,000rpm to carve their initials in trees. Old ladies with cinder block Macs would out cut them without even noticing they were there.

They would have a 15cc model with a 6" bar. Kids would remove the A/V mounts and crankshaft counterweights and put on 6" diameter mufflers and blue LED lights inside the recoil covers, and run them at 20,000rpm to carve their initials in trees. Old ladies with cinder block Macs would out cut them without even noticing they were there.

Hey now theres an idea...a fartcan muffler on my stihl!!!

I bet they would be a very high quality products.

After all, they do make the best motorcycle in the world. :bowdown:

Maybe Ducati, Kawasaki, Suzuki, H/D, etc should be forewarned. If I were in the market for a motorcycle Honda would be near the bottom of the list.

They probably won't get involved with saws because they can't do any better than what's already on the market. Would be surprised if they could even match the rest.

If Honda made a saw you'd need more specialized tools than there are parts on the saw just to service it.

Latest posts

Back