If you could only have one brand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you could only chooose one brand

• Stihl

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • Husqvarna

Votes: 36 23.2%
  • Johnsered

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
I would have to go with Dolmar, but I won't be getting rid of my 372 any time soon.

Wow, I just looked at the poll results, looks like

STIHL KICKS

(Rope I couldn't resist,:) )

attachment.php

I guess the poll turned out exactly how we all thought it would. No surprised there.

Hey...pictures never lie...

Another one on the bridge

As I've said before, I'm lucky to have a good selection of dealers 'regionally' that cover most of the bases.

As it stands, I have one more Stihl than Husky, but of those few I have, they have earned their keep.

OTOH I was in the neighborhood and dropped in to see Tony @ Amick's this morning... I oogled all over the Stihl wall, but fondled a Dolmar 7900 and 401. I saw some Husky and Redmax saws nearby too, but the 7900 got the most fondling. ;) He couldn't sell me a saw, but I did snag a face-screen/earmuff dealie to cut brush & whack weeds with.

If I had to get all OPE from one brand, it'd be Stihl, and I doubt I'd ever be disappointed... but since I'm not locked into just one, I ain't ashamed to mix it up a bit... :cheers:

Last edited:
attachment.php

I guess the poll turned out exactly how we all thought it would. No surprised there.

Hey...pictures never lie...

Sucks when you have to cheat don't it,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

It was just as I suspected....Like I said,I started this because I was bored..I guess now that Stihl won,I'll have to go but me one:hmm3grin2orange:

Its been that way each and everytime a poll has been used. I say run whatever the hell ya want, me, I'll run em all , I like saws. My preferred choice if I could only have one brand, Stihl,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep it is the most worked on saw that is why everyone that
buys them always is worried about dealer service cause they know
they will be needing a fix.

AAAHHHH!!! not the old ones...they were just bulletproof workhorses. And man were they LOUD!! They sounded and smelled like a saw should. Always could depend the used plugs (at least one a week) for fishing weights. Them was the days....:cheers:

As I've said before, I'm lucky to have a good selection of dealers 'regionally' that cover most of the bases.

As it stands, I have one more Stihl than Husky, but of those few I have, they have earned their keep.

OTOH I was in the neighborhood and dropped in to see Tony @ Amick's this morning... I oogled all over the Stihl wall, but fondled a Dolmar 7900 and 401. I saw some Husky and Redmax saws nearby too, but the 7900 got the most fondling. ;) He couldn't sell me a saw, but I did snag a face-screen/earmuff dealie to cut brush & whack weeds with.

If I had to get all OPE from one brand, it'd be Stihl, and I doubt I'd ever be disappointed... but since I'm not locked into just one, I ain't ashamed to mix it up a bit... :cheers:

Woody you should getcha a 7900 and I'll tell you why in four words, ITS A BAD MOFO. That saw for its weight and size has no peer, one cutting mother that saw is. Since you got Tony right there dealer support won't be a issue so get one and stop picking up the merchandise unless your gonna buy it, messing with ya. I'm serious about the 7900 though, its a cutting machine, no question about it...

Would it matter? If you only got one brand... it ain't no better or no worse than the competition. Its that saw, or one a little bigger or a little smaller.

My husky starts and runs just fine, so do my stihls.

I just have a 357xp and a 372xp instead.

Or, I'd have a 260 instead.

:jester: Tom. I hear ya on the more buying - less fondling... nothing irks a salesman more than a beback they've spent good time on. OTOH I did buy something and I didn't pester the man any while I was browsing. (He was busy.)

If I ever get up to NoVA with some spending money, I'll ease in & poke around, and see what sort of hard sell you can lay on...

:jester: Tom. I hear ya on the more buying - less fondling... nothing irks a salesman more than a beback they've spent good time on. OTOH I did buy something and I didn't pester the man any while I was browsing. (He was busy.)

If I ever get up to NoVA with some spending money, I'll ease in & poke around, and see what sort of hard sell you can lay on...

You don't need to bring spending money or buy anything to stop by, just come on in. You can join the rest of the ole timers who stop in and chat a spell and never spend a penny. Don't let me know your carrying a Visa though, step here in the back room with me,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Can't have one brand, never ever. STIHL makes the best topping saw period & the Husqvarna rar handle saws run smoother. :rock:

yep

If you are in the area, it would be worth the time to check out ole Tom. He is a great guy and knows the Stihl products very well.:D

If you are in the area, it would be worth the time to check out ole Tom. He is a great guy and knows the Stihl products very well.:D

Hey just so you know I got a new 25 foot by 24 inch log out there now. Should be fun for pancakes next time your in town.........

I've talked to THALL many times over the phone..There ain't too many others who know more about tuning and fixing saws...I'll definately check his place out next time I'm up there

I've talked to THALL many times over the phone..There ain't too many others who know more about tuning and fixing saws...I'll definately check his place out next time I'm up there

You won't see a whole lot to check out, just a small shop and orenry ole me.
We do have a right nice display inside though, bring ya Visa, wink!

Latest posts

Back