If you're on a deserted island, what 2 saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BloodOnTheIce

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite
2 Stihl 026's on with a 16" bar and the other with a 20".
Mainly because I know I can keep these saws running well for the next 40 years or so. They're not the fastest or up to date, but they are the AK47 of chainsaws.

JohnL

JohnL

Addicted to ArboristSite
2 handpowered bowsaws, or swedesaws as some call them. Gasoline and mix oil is hard to come by on deserted islands. Also I would like some chicks. And water.

catbuster

catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
. AS Supporting Member.
Well, judging by the fact that there's a gas station etc, wheres the CAT dealer?:spam:

Am I just stuck on the island? I'd go for an axe and a handsaw.

Or am i clearing it as a job? I'd go with a 395 and 346. The 395 would be for anything huge (36<) and the 346 could limb and buck everything up tho 20" or so. If there was small wood, I'd go for the 576/346 setup. If I could have 3saws I'd go 3120,576,346.

lawnmowertech37

lawnmowertech37

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's the end of the world, chainsaw manufacturing is outlawed, pick your poison. If you could only have two chainsaws for everything--what would they be?

if its the end of the world i would not have to worry about chainsaws i would not even be here i be home at last

Last edited:

Latest posts