im done now!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
finally done with wood for the season.

went from this:

2508064360104265295eIqMKB_th.jpg

to this:

2488835450104265295qnpjXl_th.jpg

got a start for next year,should have enough wood in cellar for the season.outside i got a good start fort next year..

now for rest and relaxation..

Those pics are tiny... But we get the picture, good for you that your done for the year.

Not sure what you guys are looking at!! The pics are showing at all on my screen!!:notrolls2:

nice avatars, bump 'em over. 800 x 600 (aprox., scaled appropriatley) is pretty good image size for posts. 100 x 100 is only the avatar max.

sir, they're tiny. good on you though.

they were from my phone,which sucks,i guess. ill have to take a pic with my digital and put them up. with the snow coming right now,the 8 loads of fill coming every day for 2 days,plus work,doesnt leave me to much time for other things right now.its 24 degrees here,nice and toasty inside at 72 degrees.

lets try this again:from this
2805416230104265295S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2878159760104265295S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2508064360104265295S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

to this..
2488835450104265295S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Done? Done for the season? How can you be done?
My cuttin' "season" is November through February-
Splittin', haulin' and stackin' "season" is March & April-
The off "season" is May through September-
And in October I move the wood into the basement or under shelter-

Naw, ya' can't be done... the "season" is just gettin' started. I was out Sunday morning early, 4 above zero, felled and bucked a big dead standing elm... a half hour into the job I stripped off my coat and finished in shirt sleeves (did have long-johns on)... I hate cuttin' and splittin' firewood in warm weather. Gonna' haft'a do some splittin' out'a (my) "season" cause I'm burnin' as I go this year... but plan on putting 4 massive oak and Sugar Maple on the ground sometime around the New Year, should have 'em all bucked and ready for the splitter by the end of February.

Naw, ya' can't be done... ya' can't be cuttin' during fishin' "season"!

Well know we can all see! That looks like a fun time you had there. Did you use the splitter for all of the wood or did you use an axe sometimes? That would have been a nice work out. :laugh:

splitter for about half,all of it was easy splitting,oak,ash,and maple.nice straight grain wood.i used 2 splitting mauls,and a chopper 1 splitting axe. between me and my sone we split it all,stacked,and moved a lot of it.my 2 yr old helped some!

lot of healthy excersize!i do cut and split in the summer,like it, the cold and snow ive split a lot of wood,and just dont like splitting in the cold. to each his own though...

youre right,couldnt leave the saws alone!! had the poulan i just got running out and cut a little bit up from the pile i had in back of the truck for a friend,plus took the ebay saw out and cut up some with that also!! damm saws,keep calling me! might go out now since it warmed up to a balmy 30 degrees and knock down 3 trees that have been bothering me for a while. after i unload the truck of its cargo of wood!

oh well..

Back