I'm pulling my hair out over my next purchase.......ms460 vs. 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to confuse you more, check the price on a MS650. In my area the MSLP is less than a MS460. But that might be different where you are. Or the dealer jacking up the 650's price. It really never found widespread acceptance, for whatever reason. It's closer to a MS660 than it is to a MS460. BUT, you can't go wrong with a MS460. Huskys are sold where they belong. In the discount stores with the Echos and Poooolans. The three are very similar. :potstir:

I like that, a fellow husky basher. Stihl all the way baby.:rock:

460 has more torque, but the 372 is faster and lighter. Problem with the husky is you gotta pull all the screws and put locktite on em or they vibrate out. If your strictly using the saw on the ground its a wash, but if your climbing go with the husky. I have 4 372's and 0 460's. Too heavy, and ugly:laugh:

460 has more torque, but the 372 is faster and lighter. Problem with the husky is you gotta pull all the screws and put locktite on em or they vibrate out. If your strictly using the saw on the ground its a wash, but if your climbing go with the husky. I have 4 372's and 0 460's. Too heavy, and ugly:laugh:

BOOOO don't spoil our fun bashing husky. LMAO

Either saw will treat you fine for years to come. Is the 372 the xtorq or the old regular xp?

I've got 2 dealers in my area....one is out of 372's and says he can't get anymore. The other dealer has one but it's the 70cc x-torq.

You can't go wrong with either saw. Don't get hung up on the details . Just get the one you want.

Stihl guys will say 460. Husky guys will say 372xp.

Just get the one you like best. :cheers:

I know, it's like this on the archery forums I hang out on too. But, some people are actually capable of being objective and giving good, helpful feedback. You just gotta read between the lines...:msp_wink:

Get the saw that has the best dealer support forget about the brand. A good dealer is what makes or breaks any saw brand!

How can you go wrong with either saw, both are great choices, but....I'll take the 460, I like it so well the 660 was sold. I can do anything with a 460 I need to in my neck of the woods.

I've got 2 dealers in my area....one is out of 372's and says he can't get anymore. The other dealer has one but it's the 70cc x-torq.

The one dealer who says he can't get anymore, doesn't know what he's talking about. The new 372xp x-torq replaced the old one. Basically the same saw, but with a strato top end. The XT will have a bit more power and uses less fuel. I've heard good reports so far.

I guess I could just buy both and see which one I like the best, then sell the other....lol......:msp_biggrin:

Because when you look for a used one on ebay....some of them are going for almost new prices. Seems crazy!

I guess I could just buy both and see which one I like the best, then sell the other....lol......:msp_biggrin:

Because when you look for a used one on ebay....some of them are going for almost new prices. Seems crazy!

No its not crazy its because they are both very good saws and last forever and hold their value!!:rock:

How much you wanna give me for my 372XP? Bought 3 when Baileys had there big sale years back. Powerhead only. Never even had gas put in it. Still be in the original box if the roof didnt leak one winter.

How much you wanna give me for my 372XP? Bought 3 when Baileys had there big sale years back. Powerhead only. Never even had gas put in it. Still be in the original box if the roof didnt leak one winter.

Send me a PM on what you want for it.......then we'll see.:msp_smile:

Latest posts

Back