I'm pulling my hair out over my next purchase.......ms460 vs. 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johny Utah

Johny Utah

ArboristSite Guru
In the dairy barn pulling tits for a living
Just to confuse you more, check the price on a MS650. In my area the MSLP is less than a MS460. But that might be different where you are. Or the dealer jacking up the 650's price. It really never found widespread acceptance, for whatever reason. It's closer to a MS660 than it is to a MS460. BUT, you can't go wrong with a MS460. Huskys are sold where they belong. In the discount stores with the Echos and Poooolans. The three are very similar. :potstir:

I like that, a fellow husky basher. Stihl all the way baby.:rock:

prentice110

prentice110

SpongeBob Fap Pants
460 has more torque, but the 372 is faster and lighter. Problem with the husky is you gotta pull all the screws and put locktite on em or they vibrate out. If your strictly using the saw on the ground its a wash, but if your climbing go with the husky. I have 4 372's and 0 460's. Too heavy, and ugly:laugh:

Johny Utah

Johny Utah

ArboristSite Guru
In the dairy barn pulling tits for a living
460 has more torque, but the 372 is faster and lighter. Problem with the husky is you gotta pull all the screws and put locktite on em or they vibrate out. If your strictly using the saw on the ground its a wash, but if your climbing go with the husky. I have 4 372's and 0 460's. Too heavy, and ugly:laugh:

BOOOO don't spoil our fun bashing husky. LMAO

0zarks2

0zarks2

ArboristSite Member
Stihl guys will say 460. Husky guys will say 372xp.

Just get the one you like best. :cheers:

I know, it's like this on the archery forums I hang out on too. But, some people are actually capable of being objective and giving good, helpful feedback. You just gotta read between the lines...:msp_wink:

indiansprings

indiansprings

Firewood Purveyor
How can you go wrong with either saw, both are great choices, but....I'll take the 460, I like it so well the 660 was sold. I can do anything with a 460 I need to in my neck of the woods.

sunfish

sunfish

Fish Head
I've got 2 dealers in my area....one is out of 372's and says he can't get anymore. The other dealer has one but it's the 70cc x-torq.

The one dealer who says he can't get anymore, doesn't know what he's talking about. The new 372xp x-torq replaced the old one. Basically the same saw, but with a strato top end. The XT will have a bit more power and uses less fuel. I've heard good reports so far.

0zarks2

0zarks2

ArboristSite Member
I guess I could just buy both and see which one I like the best, then sell the other....lol......:msp_biggrin:

Because when you look for a used one on ebay....some of them are going for almost new prices. Seems crazy!

longbar

longbar

Mr. BigWood
I guess I could just buy both and see which one I like the best, then sell the other....lol......:msp_biggrin:

Because when you look for a used one on ebay....some of them are going for almost new prices. Seems crazy!

No its not crazy its because they are both very good saws and last forever and hold their value!!:rock:

prentice110

prentice110

SpongeBob Fap Pants
How much you wanna give me for my 372XP? Bought 3 when Baileys had there big sale years back. Powerhead only. Never even had gas put in it. Still be in the original box if the roof didnt leak one winter.

Latest posts