Impact wrenchs are no no for chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of do's and don'ts here's another deal

attachment.php

A man brings these in claiming all three low on power and they are all under warranty. I take one look and go nope, no warranty on them babies. Anyone see why??

Guards are missing.:jawdrop:

You got it. Low on power, yup they are, here's why.

attachment.php

13 inches of string on each side of the head, 4 inches for the head equals a 30inch cutting path, about double what they are suppose to be cutting. He's gotsa payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,LOL

Down on power because spinning too long of a string?

Bingo. What kills me is every trimmer I sell I always make sure to remind people do not take the string guard off and why. The three in the pic I sold and told the man what I tellem all. He says the guard gets in the way, I say fine, get that ole wallet ready.......

All three look like they were used underwater to cut pond weeds!!! There should not be green scum on the shafts!

Ed

Those are actually fairly clean compared to some that come in here. I've seen them where the engine vents in the housing around the motor is completely packed with grass. I guess landscapers cut alot of wet grass, it sticks to the machines like glue.

You got it. Low on power, yup they are, here's why.

attachment.php

13 inches of string on each side of the head, 4 inches for the head equals a 30inch cutting path, about double what they are suppose to be cutting. He's gotsa payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,LOL

:ices_rofl:, that feller is a dummy.:dizzy: Sell him a 550 if he wants a 30" cutting path.:chainsaw:

Anything actually wrong with them?

Not really, they just can't cut a 30 inch path. I'll snip the strings, checkem over and send him on his way. He's made it clear the guards are staying off. When the motors overheat and finally die I'll say I told you so..

Another don't

attachment.php

This saw came in a few days ago with the handle attached. The owner said the front mount was bad. I say no problem and went to answer the phone. When I came back that's what I saw. I said why did you pulled the handle off, he goes I don't know. Now its a new intake boot, switch wires and a mount, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just box that 200T up with the trimmer and send them on down th NC.:D

LOL Can you beleive that, he ripped the entire handle off. Ripped the intake boot in half, busted the switch wires and destroyed the bottom mount. I'm still scratching my head at why he did that when all it needed was a top mount, a 10 minute job...

Latest posts

Back