Impact wrenchs are no no for chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting close, not a demo, right out the boxes, thousands of them all over the world.

We just call them "demo" saws. Like demolition saws or Cutoff saws.

Have a big old 14" or 12" wheel on the front, run on two cycle, and will throw enough dust cutting concrete, to kinda take the fun out of it.

TS400 kill switch wire ....

You beat Lakeside to it but I'm sure he would have known right off. That one wire caused so many headaches they finally made a kit to replace it. You found that out didn't you,LOL

Just sell him the up date kit.......I know that first hand ...lol

I brought it up cause guess what, got a TS400 on the bench that needed what, yup, that fringing wire,LOL

The kits are nice but I wonder how many of those machines get cussed, slammed, thrown in the dumspter over that one wire, I bet its been many....

I brought it up cause guess what, got a TS400 on the bench that needed what, yup, that fringing wire,LOL

The kits are nice but I wonder how many of those machines get cussed, slammed, thrown in the dumspter over that one wire, I bet its been many....

I have a bunch of those used wires if you need them.......hehe

I have to chuckle at this thread.

It's starting to sound like one of those...

I've been doing this since I was knee high to a grasshopper...

My dad's dad did it, my dad did it, I'm going to do it...

Welp, it was good enough 20 years ago it should be good enough for today...

I ain't never had a problem doing it this way, so I don't expect to ever have a problem...

Etc...

Am I the exact same way about some stuff? YEP!!!:biggrinbounce2:

:agree2::agree2::agree2:

Pretty much the same issue with the BR-400. Hard start and kept shocking the operator...least that one was an easy fix :)

Another don't

This is a first for me. Never seen this before. Homemade clutch spring, how neat, now he's gotsa payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

attachment.php

And I thought I had seen it all,LOL

This is a first for me. Never seen this before. Homemade clutch spring, how neat, now he's gotsa payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

attachment.php

And I thought I had seen it all,LOL

Damn you are in Redneck country, eh!

You ever see anything like that Paul? I mean I'm beginning to wonder about these people down here,LOLOL

I've done alot of bailing wire and duct tape repairs to get boats back to shore, job sites finished, hell even rebuilt a Jeep on the trail head with two busted axles (not shafts two tires/knuckles/bearing/etc ripped off the truck) with not much more than that, but I've not seen someone attempt some silly repair such as that over $6 worth of parts.

Had that let loose, the clutch blown apart, junk the saw.

I've done alot of bailing wire and duct tape repairs to get boats back to shore, job sites finished, hell even rebuilt a Jeep on the trail head with two busted axles (not shafts two tires/knuckles/bearing/etc ripped off the truck) with not much more than that, but I've not seen someone attempt some silly repair such as that over $6 worth of parts.

Had that let loose, the clutch blown apart, junk the saw.

That unit was the FS110 in the pic of the three I posted eariler without guards. I guess cutting 30 inch paths is hard on clutch springs,LOL

All three are now ready to go take some more abuse. My abuse to the owner will be handing him da bill and saying thats whatcha get for being stupid and yes I will indeed say just that. Maybe it will wake him up, if not I'll keep taking his money untill he finally ruins those units altogether. Then I'll sell him more to go out and ruin. Really I should be liking this customer huh,hahaha

Last edited:
That unit was the FS110 in the pic of the three I posted eariler without guards. I guess cutting 30 inch paths is hard on clutch springs,LOL

All three are now ready to go take some more abuse. My abuse to the owner will be handing him da bill and saying thats whatcha get for being stupid and yes I will indeed say just that. Maybe it will wake him up, if not I'll keep taking his money untill he finally ruins those units altogether. Then I'll sell him more to go out and ruin. Really I should be liking this customer huh,hahaha

I don't think you're taking into account the need for a piece of equipment to work now, not a day from now, not two hours from now, but NOW. If you were finishing up on a big job for a good customer, and your cheesy high priced weed smacker quit on you, wouldn't you throw a bailing wire spring on there to get the job done on time and without having to come back? I know what my answer would be.

The guy made 3 of 'em quit, there comes a time when you stop to have a professional look at the first 2 that quit, not keep on going and kill the 3rd.:biggrinbounce2:

Space, are those your trimmers?:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back