Inquiry from Mrs. Claus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder who is making a greater profit......

The guy who just has to move it off the shelf, or the guy who invests a few hours worktime.....

In my dealers defense...they make money, I make money. They know these saws aren't for me personally.
I think this is the exact point. When you are making money on the deal they should too. Now you are talking about something for you personally. There should be something extra in it for you.

In my dealers defense...they make money, I make money. They know these saws aren't for me personally.

I think this is the exact point. When you are making money on the deal they should too. Now you are talking about something for you personally. There should be something extra in it for you.

It makes NO difference what happens to the saws after they leave the dealer's doorstep. At that point Brad has contributed to the dealers profit and success. OBVIOUSLY there is no other Stihl dealer in the area for him to buy from and the current dealer knows it. I wonder if there is another dealer here among us who could supply Brad for a lower price who would still make enough on the sales after shipping to make it worthwhile for both of them.

This lack of appreciation from any big dealer no matter what they sell REALLY pisses me off and they should be called out for it.

Cheers,
Glenn

I like the way you think. :)

Not only all that's been said here, but I imagine Brad's dealer knows he's never gonna have to do any warranty work on the saws Brad buys....right?

Back to the original subject, how about a gently used 241? It would take less coin.....

Even a measly 10% off of $45K grand would be a nice little savings.

I don't pay MSRP on Stihl OPE, and I don't buy anything even remotely close to $45K worth.

I always get at least 10% off.

I usually got 8-10% off Plus an extra chain. I didn't even ask. The dealer arranged the deal with me; all I needed to do was continue to buy from his shop.

How much do these 241 saws weigh PHO (real world, not mfg spec)?

In my experience not many dealers will offer a discount no matter how much you spend. Asking for a discount can lead to issues in the future, but sometimes it works out. Seems the Husky dealers are usually the ones willing to make a sale, the Stihl dealers on the other hand are a touchy bunch.

This year my Christmas list consisted of

-Energizer "tactical" flashlight (the little one has a pocket clip and will hold on to the bill of a hat. Great for attic work.)
-Trigger torch. Good for starting fires.
-Fiskars brush axe. Dunno how much I'll use one but they look fun.

In my experience not many dealers will offer a discount no matter how much you spend. Asking for a discount can lead to issues in the future, but sometimes it works out. Seems the Husky dealers are usually the ones willing to make a sale, the Stihl dealers on the other hand are a touchy bunch.
A lot of Husky dealers "have" to do it in order to survive, Stihl dealers generally don't. Husky dealers have to deal with cut throat practices, that's no way to run a business. There's nothing wrong with asking a dealer for a discount, but if they refuse, you should leave it at that and not make a fight about it and pout you'll go elsewhere. Just go.

I've never had any issues with asking for a discount. They either want to make a sale or they don't.

Usually, I deal with hardware stores that sell Stihl. They are more prone to give you a discount.

Latest posts

Back