Is it ever going to get cold?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see a couple, three weeks of 20's or teens come through. The ticks and fleas were the worst we've ever seen over summer. We need the freezing cold to bump them darn things off.

I'd be hapy for some cold. or dry. Everything is a sloppy mess right now. 45 degrees and been wet the last several days. Can't get into the woods to cut without leaving ruts and can't cut back a tree line without messing up the farmers field....saws are ready and raring to go, but mother isn't helping me any....

Just a hair over a foot of snow here over the weekend and now it is 10 above. Snowblower has been busy, saws, not so much! These pics are of my backyard. Very peaceful and serene!

View attachment 266887View attachment 266888

Ted

I really missed the snow last winter. Year before we had a dozen good storms and like you said the farm was just peaceful and serene. Hunkered down by the stove when big flakes are flying is ultimate blood pressure lowering medicine...forces you to slow down and look around and appreciate things. Add some good Kentucky sipping whiskey & a quality Dominican cigar...life is good!

My place in snow heaven:
SnowagainJan2011025.jpg

SnowagainJan2011045.jpg

SnowagainJan2011065.jpg

When I was a kid there would be a foot of snow on the ground this time of year.
Its 5pm on December 10th and its 56 degrees outside.
It's been in the 50s for a while, close to 60 quite a few days lately, and going to be about 50 all week.
Don't you dare consider that the earth's climate is changing though, many will liken that to the word "liberal", make it about politics and be forever in denial of the simple fact.

Just realized, of course it's never going to get cold. DUH, I just put in a shiny new furnace, and have 6-10 yrs worth of wood. I don't have ac however, so it will be hot as a cats a$$ for the next 10 yrs. Or until I get an ac.

We got about three inches of snow yesterday, and it was six below zero this morning. Worst part was, I took my wife to lunch yesterday and forgot to plug my truck in when I got back. Diesel didn't want to start this morning.

High today was maybe 35. Looks like winter is going to stay for a spell.

been busy here. we got 6in of snow but it was spread out just the right amount of time that i had to plow two nites in a row. when i got done this yesterday morning at 3 it was -11 here and some said we hit-17 when the sun came up. there may be hope for you getting cold yet there stihly dan. just got back now from fixing all the stuff we broke. tonite we get to haul all that fun white stuff out of the lots and make a snow fort in a field

Finally got cold (for here). Never got out of the 30s all day, below freezing tonight. Switched from army shirt to army jacket, it is official winter as far as I am concerned!

I really missed the snow last winter. Year before we had a dozen good storms and like you said the farm was just peaceful and serene. Hunkered down by the stove when big flakes are flying is ultimate blood pressure lowering medicine...forces you to slow down and look around and appreciate things. Add some good Kentucky sipping whiskey & a quality Dominican cigar...life is good!

My place in snow heaven:
SnowagainJan2011025.jpg

SnowagainJan2011045.jpg

SnowagainJan2011065.jpg

Dang! Just print these photos off and you've got your Christmas card! Nice!

Just realized, of course it's never going to get cold. DUH, I just put in a shiny new furnace, and have 6-10 yrs worth of wood. I don't have ac however, so it will be hot as a cats a$$ for the next 10 yrs. Or until I get an ac.

so its all your fault ?

It's gettin there, need a couple more weeks of this so I can get the fish house out on the lake:

attachment.php

Stove was humming along at about 3/4 throttle, I backed it down just in time, it's warmed up 28 degrees outside in the 8 1/2 hours since that pic was taken, still a bit warm in the house at 74°.

Stupid lake!:msp_angry:

Got cold enough up high, to make 4" of wet slop, and then left.
Now it's 36, bright sun, and making Mud.

We need a good old fashioned Alberta Clipper that gets hung up for a week, to get the dadgum lake temp down to the low 30's, or we will NEVER get winter.:cry:

I HATE mud season.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Whats the deal? No winter last year, and now 50 deg in December. i worked awfully hard to get my wood. Paid a sh#t load of money for my wood furnace. I want to see some cold temps, I want to see people be cold, I want to see the wallets of the fossil fuel burners empty. I demand satisfaction Damn it.

Any satisfaction to report yet, Dan? :D :D

Now that's just mean!
You guys are brutal... flat brutal!

Had to do it, couldn't help myself. I was searching for a different old thread last night, and stumbled on this one. Just interesting how the point of view can change over a few months.

Yup, satisfied mostly. Family now really appreciates the work that goes into wood, and what it can do for them. Wife actually found me a red oak score. Furnace works great, plenty of wood. Only downfall is that oil has dropped to $3.49. I paid $3.99 Last time I bought oil 3 years ago. BUT I AM READY FOR THE SUN AND TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE GROUND.

Yup, satisfied mostly. Family now really appreciates the work that goes into wood, and what it can do for them. Wife actually found me a red oak score. Furnace works great, plenty of wood. Only downfall is that oil has dropped to $3.49. I paid $3.99 Last time I bought oil 3 years ago. BUT I AM READY FOR THE SUN AND TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE GROUND.

dang dan. i wish i had your prices up here. i just had to fill up my 2-265 gallon tanks at $3.80 a gallon. total comes to 1702.40... sure wish i didnt have to work so much and could keep the fire goin more. not sure if its really even makin me any money at all to work. between 2 jobs and averaging 80+ hours a week and barely breakin even

Back