It's go time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go time has turned into 'hell no' time. Been breaking heat records and when thats not happening, its still just been to darn hot to think about working outside.

@jrider we have been bowing at the feet of our pool installer, though. Water temps hit 82 yesterday..... Wife gave me the OK to run some black hdpe pipe up on the shed roof to keep the pool open longer.....
Hindsight has me wishing I had kept ours open. It's 92 right now and I just got done delivering my 9th cord of the day. The pool would have felt amazing right now.

Yeah, but it's just dumb luck. How many times do we have an Indian summer?

Besides, getting the pool back into shape after a week+ of non use due to the cooler temps took awhile. We had an algae bloom start but I think I caught it in time to keep it from getting to bad. Chlorine is up around 6ppm to keep it under control right now. Only thing I've had to add is acid to bring the ph down.

That being said......

36abdbb335505cb013436127fccb39a2.jpg

Sent from a field

Supposed to fall this week here as well. Except for the end of the week where they get back up into the 80's.

At least the humidity has fallen off. About 30% right now.

Sent from a field

Supposed to fall this week here as well. Except for the end of the week where they get back up into the 80's. At least the humidity has fallen off. About 30% right now.

Sent from a field
30% humidity? That's amazing. Yesterday morning LOML called me to the temp gauge. She said, "Look at this. All three numbers are 76 -- degrees F inside, degrees F outside, and humidity %. I had never seen that before. I've seen the humidity at over 85% several times this year in the morning. I guess that grows great tomatoes.

A few Indian tribes were planning sweat lodge meetings yesterday, boilers heated by firewood. They got rained out and overheated.

I'm afraid that if it doesn't freeze and/or stop raining, I'm going to have to take something for the depression that's going to set in.
Glad somebody revised this thread. Last Friday morning a few things changed -- wind chill that got to single digits. Suddenly that morning I got three calls for a truckload of firewood. I'm backed up once again and keeping my fingers crossed that the splitter stays afloat and my legs stay in shape. Yes, Casey, it's go time.

Yuck! Super saturated here too...and the crick is rising.
Decided to do the annual quad cleaning and maintenance.
Just getting started...
It takes four different fluids. Front Hillard clutch, synthetic engine oil, trans, and rear dif.
The second picture was taken Nov. 06/2016.
I have a lot of work to do.
Haven't pulled the wheels off yet but I will.
The trailer no longer dumps, but I found a bare wire today for the trailer handle bar controller during the tear down. Hopefully an easy fix.
It is a 2005, and quite small compared to the new ones that have followed the recent path of new pickup trucks on steroids. Twelve years old and this has been a great utility quad. 330 Magnum 4 x 4. Subaru Robbins engine.
While working on the quad I got a call back from a guy that picked up firewood yesterday. He wants more, so I'm sold out. Two more deliveries this week, 2 1/2 cord total, and sales are wrapped up.
IMG_5446.jpgIMG_3893.jpg

Help must be on the way. We have had humidity readings under 30% for several days and very little precip. My hands are so dry I have to apply skin cream every afternoon. Last week I delivered three loads of really good hardwood. I now have a dozen chains to sharpen as tree trimmers go to sleep for the winter. One logger needs work on his big old Stihl 066. I convinced him that I can fix it and save him about a grand. So, work never seems to end.

I'm convinced that people have wood left over from last year's warm winter. December could be a complete demand escalation as their firewood stock dwindles. But, what do I know? The weathermen here can't even supply an accurate 48-hour forecast, even with all their fancy computer models..

Supposed to be colder and dry this week. Should help burn off some of the moisture in the ground.

I really don't care either way.... Either stop raining, or freeze up.

Back