Just a Little Prayer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got a call from my cousin in Fl, who informed me that my Aunt Gwen passed away today. She was 87 last month, so I guess she had a pretty good run.

Growing up my parents both worked, so Aunt Gwen would come over some times and either make dinner or bake things, or both. One time my brother and I decided to plan an April Fools joke on the family, and we switched all the sugar and salt in the house. Well, turns out the joke was on us. Aunt Gwen made my favorite, Tapioca Pudding, with salt instead of sugar. She always talked about how she could not believe I ate it anyway.

Rest in Peace Aunt Gwen.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes. It is always tough to loose a family member who you have been close to, but at least she got to live a full life, and this was not unexpected.

I won't call her this late, but I'm sure my Mom will take this very hard. They did not live far away from each other when they both lived in NY, and they did not live far apart when they both went down to Fl.

Enjoy life everyone, I guess my recent Granddaughter is my replacement.

As my Dad used to say "Life is for the living".

Some times we mourn the loss of a loved one not so much that they are gone, but for the hole that is left in our hearts and lives by their passing on, and the life events that now become accessible only in memory.
My thoughts are with you during this time of pain for you and your family.

Ted

Latest posts

Back