Let it out thread..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there should be a Arboristsite Modified Chainsaw Review Board. Prospective modders could submit their work for approval by the board, and possibly earn the ASMCRB seal. Buyers would know that they are getting quality wormanship by looking for the seal. :popcorn:

I think there should be a Arboristsite Modified Chainsaw Review Board. Prospective modders could submit their work for approval by the board, and possibly earn the ASMCRB seal. Buyers would know that they are getting quality wormanship by looking for the seal. :popcorn:

That's a suck ass acronym, can't you have it spell something catchy.

Is it just me or my computer? I've loaded the first page twice and have yet to see a picture of any type. And I'm not on my work computer.

From the story I got tonite from the guy I bought it from the saw was ported by a cycle mechanic in IL. ...Its the first saw he ever ported..........Why the **** would they make there first port on a big expensive saw like this ....:confused::confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Im going to pull cylinder tomorrow ........Looks like piston might be ok...

From the story I got tonite from the guy I bought it from the saw was ported by a cycle mechanic in IL. ...Its the first saw he ever ported..........Why the **** would they make there first port on a big expensive saw like this ....:confused::confused:

When learning, better to stuff someone else's saw than bugger your own I guess and if your own you could palm it off I spose! :dizzy:

Large expensive saws aren't the issue really. Just need to go very conservatively to start with, especially with someone else's saw.

These are the types of threads (I will not give them credence by referring to them as "discussions") that inherently lead to disruption, dysfunction and ultimately decrease the value of a forum such as this. A select few will attempt to force their agenda and personal issues with others upon the group and the end result is that those who provide the greatest amount of knowledge and insight to the group will leave out of disgust.

The Internet emboldens people due to its anonymity and individuals feel safe writing things they would not have the courage to say in a face to face conversation. For some it provides them attention that is lacking in other areas of their life, while for others it is an opportunity to get even with or discredit another member. Unfortunately, for most it ruins what had been an fun avenue to learn about and share knowledge of saws.

All may do well to review the "ArboristSite.com Rules, Regulations, & Posting Guidelines" contained on the home page, specifically:

12. "You are not permitted to harass other members at ArboristSite.com. This includes offensive remarks or remarks that attempt to provoke another member. Sarcastic baiting is also not permitted. If you disagree with someone, state why, but do not resort to name calling, threats, etc…"

If you have an issue with a member, deal with it in private and leave the rest of us out it.

So Im guessing your harassing me in my thread???.......

Care to show me where the mention of any AS member is ??

People all over the world port saws .......The guy I bought it from could not get it to run.....It ran before it went there.........His loss my gain I guess......

Well, I have found that the My Little Pony stickers do not last long. They are not as rain resistant as the Barbie Stickers. The Rhinestones will stick but fade to clear fast. The best sticker, on Twinkle, is the Acme Explosives that was given to me by a member. The little glittery fairies are in between in strength. They tend to lose their arms and legs.

I only mod the exterior. :D

Well, I have found that the My Little Pony stickers do not last long. They are not as rain resistant as the Barbie Stickers. The Rhinestones will stick but fade to clear fast. The best sticker, on Twinkle, is the Acme Explosives that was given to me by a member. The little glittery fairies are in between in strength. They tend to lose their arms and legs.

I only mod the exterior. :D

I paint my saws pink, to match my outfit.

Good golly, looks like someone got his panties in a bunch over nothing.

If my kids didn't act any better than that, the belt would come out.

This is a one of big problems, with whats wrong with this world.

Grow up!!!!

don't know that saw, so presuming to talk out my arse, it does look like the ex. roof is a little high with too steep a radius. I wonder if the cylinder deck has had work, if not that may give you the room to salvage port timing.

Hopefully it won't. That's why I posted what I did, when I did, to stop it in it's tracks.

Kind of like stopping a fire with a can of gas.

After all a saw is only as fast as the one who is using it.
John

I thought it was only as fast as the chain was sharp?

Damn...back to the search engine.

As for disappointments, all the work I've been disappointed with was done in my basement.

These are the types of threads (I will not give them credence by referring to them as "discussions") that inherently lead to disruption, dysfunction and ultimately decrease the value of a forum such as this. A select few will attempt to force their agenda and personal issues with others upon the group and the end result is that those who provide the greatest amount of knowledge and insight to the group will leave out of disgust.

The Internet emboldens people due to its anonymity and individuals feel safe writing things they would not have the courage to say in a face to face conversation. For some it provides them attention that is lacking in other areas of their life, while for others it is an opportunity to get even with or discredit another member. Unfortunately, for most it ruins what had been an fun avenue to learn about and share knowledge of saws.

All may do well to review the "ArboristSite.com Rules, Regulations, & Posting Guidelines" contained on the home page, specifically:

12. "You are not permitted to harass other members at ArboristSite.com. This includes offensive remarks or remarks that attempt to provoke another member. Sarcastic baiting is also not permitted. If you disagree with someone, state why, but do not resort to name calling, threats, etc…"

If you have an issue with a member, deal with it in private and leave the rest of us out it.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

Latest posts

Back