Lets see your wood shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new and old sheds. The new shed is a little larger and has a few improvements for strength. I'm working on filling the old one right now. The smaller one stores between 3 and 3.5 cord depending on how much space I leave between the rows.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Space between the rows???? Man that first one looks like its busting at the seams! No space left in there, looks good!

Space between the rows???? Man that first one looks like its busting at the seams! No space left in there, looks good!
lol. Thanks. There's 6 rows at 14" long with about 2-3" between the ends. Gotta leave enough space for airflow.

When you guys stack left-to-right, back to front in these sheds, the oldest stuff will always be buried. How do you rotate the wood supply?

I consistently have 1/4 to 1/2 of a "row" of wood left at the end of the season. I pull that little bit out and mix it in with wood going into the "next to last" row.

Before and after pics...built this in the spring when we moved into the new house. 20'X12'. Not bad for my first attempt at carpentry - serves the purpose, anyways. Also have a 10X5X5 rack on the side of the house.

I use what used to be a open cattle shed, to the east, on part of the barn. Gets plenty of air, and is on concrete. Thats a plus too. Also started using the over hang on the same side of the barn also. Wood sits on stone there. But stays remarkably dry under there too. I only burn about 4-5 cord a year, to heat with, sell the rest to friends & neighbors. Makes easy access to load it out too, as long as the ground is dry, or frozen in the winter.

WoodPics011.jpg

WoodPics006.jpg

WoodPics004.jpg

WoodPics012.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

I use what used to be a open cattle shed, to the east, on part of the barn. Gets plenty of air, and is on concrete. Thats a plus too. Also started using the over hang on the same side of the barn also. Wood sits on stone there. But stays remarkably dry under there too. I only burn about 4-5 cord a year, to heat with, sell the rest to friends & neighbors. Makes easy access to load it out too, as long as the ground is dry, or frozen in the winter.

WoodPics011.jpg

WoodPics006.jpg

WoodPics004.jpg

WoodPics012.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,
holy crap...Those are the nicest looking piles i've seen. I can never get mine to even come close to that. :clap:

Here is a couple of pics of our house set-up..It isnt really a shed cause it is under our deck. It is some easy to fill the big stove in the basement..just open the door and grab wood.. build a block/retaining wall on one side and its wooden slates on the other for some air flow..holds about 5.5 cord..roughly what we burn in a winter..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

what it looks like from the outside..hadnt backfilled or finished the steps in this pic

Last edited:
fng here

ok ill try this one more time, i just finished the install on the wood stove approx 3 mos ago , been cuttin wood with what i believe is a homelite xl925, built a small 8x8 shed its about 1/2 full, ive got more to split and some down still to go get but any way

Good lord! I'm embarrassed by these fine specimens.

That tears it; I'm building a decent woodshed post haste

I'm not even going to post pictures of my makeshift lean-to's. (hanging head in shame)

Back