Logging pride

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few more.

Yea its funny how small the logs are that get your attention this day in age. Just gld I live close to a community that wants the logging heritage live on.

Gotta love those 090s. I only ran them once. It was 85 and we had just gotten the first sand cast model of the 084. We were having a lot of trouble with the one way switch and my dad and I were seriously pissed off. Finally he said that he was going to bring out the 090s. I agreed. Having never run them I didn't know what I was up against.
Anyway, he brought them out and we proceeded to go to work. About a half day went by and I had a hard time feeling my fingers. So much so that I almost had to peel them off the handle bars. I went back to fighting the 084. This is on a saw that was so much better than anything that had come along in years. I can't imagine what it must have been like running those old Distons, Mercurys and Titans. It's tough being a panty waist. I would like a little whine with my cheese, please.

Libby Logger Days

It's been about 10+ years since the last time I was at Logger Days. Nothing better than small logging towns keeping traditions alive- in this case, since 1962 (Libby, MT).
Libby Logger Days - Home

Those are some good videos and pictures. Wish they had stuff like that out here.

That would be a fun show to attend. Nothing like that over here (NH) just timbersports comps. Looks like a lot of fun, I am envious.

Back when I lived near Willamina, everyday was a logging parade ;) Still, not the big trees you used to see. But dozens of trucks cruise through town daily, and past my driveway when they were logging up off of Willamina Creek Road.

large.jpg

Gotta love those 090s. I only ran them once. It was 85 and we had just gotten the first sand cast model of the 084. We were having a lot of trouble with the one way switch and my dad and I were seriously pissed off. Finally he said that he was going to bring out the 090s. I agreed. Having never run them I didn't know what I was up against.
Anyway, he brought them out and we proceeded to go to work. About a half day went by and I had a hard time feeling my fingers. So much so that I almost had to peel them off the handle bars. I went back to fighting the 084. This is on a saw that was so much better than anything that had come along in years. I can't imagine what it must have been like running those old Distons, Mercurys and Titans. It's tough being a panty waist. I would like a little whine with my cheese, please.

For what it's worth, 090s still shake badly! Mine hurts my hands in a very short time. I could never have been a logger if I had to run an 090 all day.

This one will make some east coasters and sfety police pee their pants. Obstacle pole bucking and yes it is relavent to PNW logging if ya dont get why then ya must be an eastern flat lander.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FLgDrnrWr0?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FLgDrnrWr0?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I take offense to that my good sir!! I have you know that us easterners arent all above walking and limbing a log at the same time. All you ppl think your the cats meow with your yarders and rigging crews. come on down here and drag a cable down the hill, set it, run back up the hill jump on the skidder and drag it to the yard, unhook it and do it all over again all day.....I swear youll be running back to your brush pile and begging to wait on your sky line to come back around

I take offense to that my good sir!! I have you know that us easterners arent all above walking and limbing a log at the same time. All you ppl think your the cats meow with your yarders and rigging crews. come on down here and drag a cable down the hill, set it, run back up the hill jump on the skidder and drag it to the yard, unhook it and do it all over again all day.....I swear youll be running back to your brush pile and begging to wait on your sky line to come back around

How come you just don't move a yarder in? ;)

All you ppl think your the cats meow with your yarders and rigging crews. come on down here and drag a cable down the hill, set it, run back up the hill jump on the skidder and drag it to the yard, unhook it and do it all over again all day.....I swear youll be running back to your brush pile and begging to wait on your sky line to come back around

No, actually not. Instead of all that non-productive monkey motion we'd be inventing some machinery to take all the time wasting out of the job. :laugh:

No, actually not. Instead of all that non-productive monkey motion we'd be inventing some machinery to take all the time wasting out of the job. :laugh:

yup, its called a grapple, and i have three, just remember the days of dragging a cable. Have fun running around the brush pile, i will be down here in the a/c riding up and down planted pine rows.

wait i told a lie.....I will be turning around in circles all day on one of these

resize.php

Latest posts

Back