Logging pride

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heck , they could even use this old thing. it still works. just needs new cable and tlc.View attachment 190985View attachment 190986

Thats actually right in the ballpark for old Appalachia, if you have about a 40-50' tower and 1200' of skyline and 1000' of mainline you'll have all you need. One problem here is you pretty well have to figure on a swing, unless you're lucky, cause there ain't enough mbf's/acre or acres at 900' avg. yarding max to justify yarding AND roadbuilding. Of course once you get into haywire and a haulback , or a slackpuller, you're really pushing the limits on what's even been heard of.

I, by the way, am on a yarder unit now, and the last outfit I was with ran 1-2 yarders as needed. Trust me though, this is very rare, but there in lies, well,

As for the video, I'm rather competitive by nature.

I am an east coaster, and I hate conventional logging. But, its part of the deal.

This one will make some east coasters and sfety police pee their pants. Obstacle pole bucking and yes it is relavent to PNW logging if ya dont get why then ya must be an eastern flat lander.

Oh, I'm not a flatlander.

it's all good hammer. you gota do what you gota do. as long as the wood is getin out thats all that matters .

wait i told a lie.....I will be turning around in circles all day on one of these

resize.php

With the air conditioner on, no doubt. :cheers:

With the air conditioner on, no doubt. :cheers:

it was 97 today with a heat index of 115. But it was a comfy 67 degrees in the tigercat.

now if i could just find a way to get out of trimming trucks off

it was 97 today with a heat index of 115. But it was a comfy 67 degrees in the tigercat.

now if i could just find a way to get out of trimming trucks off

New rule just now in effect- truckers have to trim their own trucks. sorry. company policy.

I like jay_d's little quote at the bottom.....you easterners may move more volume.....but the PNW supports the business for any company that is bi-coastal. Quality saw timber is worth a lot more than cornlike pulpwood.....up here we burn pulp for warming fires and biomass!

I had an aunt that lived in Morton when I was a kid so every summer my brother and I would head out there. Spent the days crawling around in the elephant ears looking for slugs and swimming in the "Shell Hole" which was a swimming hole just outside of town. The Loggers Jubilee was THE event and I'd love to get back there to see how its changed...and how it hasn't. I'm planning to head out to Redmond to see my grandma here in a few weeks. If the dates line up, I'm all in.

I clicked the link for the Logging Show and nothing came up. The link for the lawnmower races works, though. There's a statement there somewhere.

Works for me. I go to the lawnmower races and maybe the parade. I don't like to fry in the sun for the main event.

Maybe there'll be more log trucks in the parade this year.

Rodeo, you might be disappointed. The parade is nothing like it used to be. Very few log trucks, I heard there was one in it last year, and no big yarders being maneuvered down the street. Lots of motorcycle people come to it...too many (my snooty comment). The lawnmower races have local folks in them, along with not so local folks and they are fun to watch. They last about 3 hours.

Latest posts

Back