Looking for places to dump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most nurseries depend on tree services for the wood chips to mulch their product with until sold. A few in our area let their mexicans split the occasional log for their own profit, just to get rid of the clinkers that get buried in the wood chips.

i sold a few loads at that price 2 years ago to a power plant above bangor but i have seen 25 a ton for pulp as well youll notice i said as high as! i have also sold chips for as low as 6 dollars a ton but it still beats paying to get rid of em. The island im living on now has free brush and chip dumping so i just dump all my **** there. I dont know what the power situation is like in mass but here they are running the biomass plants alot because they can say its renewable energy and charge more for the power so i am pretty sure there is still a good market.

when i was in school we used to sell pickup loads of chips to the pulp mill but i think we only got like 10 bucks a pickup load and they were being real generous with the scales

where are you guys sell your chips to OD and what are you getting a ton? its always nice to have more options! although mass is quite a haul for us.

i can believe they haven't figured out something to do with palm waste yet...pretty said when us north-easterners are more eco concious then the Californians

Olddirty its not often us tree guys can say were saving the planet!

There does not seem to be any "biomass" solutions in our area. Quite a few grind-and-compost operations, but they all charge for disposal. Then they turn around and sell the product.

A couple of years ago, I tried to work up a plan to make a pellet manufacturing facility for pellet stoves, but that never panned out. Too much money, and the ash content from tree service operations is a bit too high to make premium pellets. The only way to get the ash content down is to use wood products that don't have all the bark included.

Apparently, the pellet stoves operators are too picky to burn cheap pellets.

It would be nice to have the option of selling chips , if everyone loaded there own yard here for about a month in March the mulch guys would be forced to negotiate something with everyone , even $2 a yard would cover fuel and that would be nice , as far as chip quality is concerned I don't know of anyone getting paid for loads here no matter how nice they are ...The last time I checked they are making about $19 a yard on average for a dyed mulch here ..

Yeah, the yards that I've used are starting to charge new or seldom services to dump chips. The money in turining them around certsinly isn't there anymore for the smaller yards.

Yeah, the yards that I've used are starting to charge new or seldom services to dump chips. The money in turining them around certsinly isn't there anymore for the smaller yards.

i'd say that goes somewhere along the lines of chip quality. the dude who humps our chips loves us. we don't let anyone dump in the yard so all the chips are the same (all woodsman chippers with sharp knives) and with 3-4 crews going out daily we pile them up. hell man, my crew is good for about a 100yd more or less on the average day i'd think.

but going back to chip quality though how about the companies that run beat up and dull knifed chippers out there that throw big narly chips and stringy chips..... those chips are not appealing and the guys with dump yards are finding it real hard to get rid of that crap and thats why they closing the gates.

hey damon. i wouldn't consider what i do saving the planet...... lol.

Latest posts

Back