Maine GTG In Early Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head count thing is anybodies guess. In the back of my head I have been using 30 as a number, I'm thinking that will be close.

I don't believe I have a vessel here large enough to cook lobsters in or a stove that's large enough for that matter........I am assuming you have a plan for that though!

The head count thing is anybodies guess. In the back of my head I have been using 30 as a number, I'm thinking that will be close.

I don't believe I have a vessel here large enough to cook lobsters in or a stove that's large enough for that matter........I am assuming you have a plan for that though!

For sure...got a gas cooker that'll do a dozen or so to a time....no problem..I'll also have butter and paper platters...utensils will be a problem though ..perhaps a couple hammers would do!

It's like herding cats around here. I think 30ish was the number we had a few weeks ago. It would be nice to get an updated count though.

What about things like paper plates cups and utensils?

10-4... PB got that count! Yes....I will be in touch perhaps tomorrow...been pretty busy the last week! Red saw are shining and ready!! Looks like 10 right now or so....very looking forward to meeting PB sr...probably about my age!!!LOL!!!

Been very busy on this end too. Damn field season is starting to kick off and MANY deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. It will be good to hang out and run some saws with fellow enthusiasts for a day. Maybe all the saw fumes will kill a few brain cells and make thinking easier. I will be around, call whenever.

:cheers:

1. Woodchuck'r & Brother
2. Somesawguy & Wife (possibly brother)
3. 371groundie
4. rmihalek (Bob)

Been very busy on this end too. Damn field season is starting to kick off and MANY deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. It will be good to hang out and run some saws with fellow enthusiasts for a day. Maybe all the saw fumes will kill a few brain cells and make thinking easier. I will be around, call whenever.

:cheers:

Will do Lee...we'll be in touch within 24 hrs...

stuff

I'll run out to the store Friday to get whatever we're in need of for Saturday: plates, soda (aka pop), plastic knives, forks, just let me know.

I'll leave MA around 5 am and probably be rolling into town around 9.

I have a Silvey swingarm square grinder. It's a low budget square grinder, but if you've never seen one in use before, it's pretty cool. It's also portable, so I will bring it if there is some interest.

For saws: Jonsered 2165, Husky 365, Solo 637 (for the top handle racing :) ), Dolmar 6400 with big bore, Stihl 066 with big bore, Dolmar 119, Husky 50 and a Homelite C-7.

I have a collection of Stihl 051 parts (two extra blocks) and one (somewhat) running saw that need a new owner with more patience and skill than I have. Perhaps we can raffle it off (if several people want the stuff or I'll just give it to whomever is interested.

See ya' Saturday.
Bob

I'd like to see the grinder, yes!

I have a Mac 250 here that I got in a package deal and I have never taken the time to get it running.........the first person that can bring it to life saturday carries it home with them. How's that? It even has a bar and chain on it.

I'll run out to the store Friday to get whatever we're in need of for Saturday: plates, soda (aka pop), plastic knives, forks, just let me know.

I'll leave MA around 5 am and probably be rolling into town around 9.

I have a Silvey swingarm square grinder. It's a low budget square grinder, but if you've never seen one in use before, it's pretty cool. It's also portable, so I will bring it if there is some interest.

For saws: Jonsered 2165, Husky 365, Solo 637 (for the top handle racing :) ), Dolmar 6400 with big bore, Stihl 066 with big bore, Dolmar 119, Husky 50 and a Homelite C-7.

I have a collection of Stihl 051 parts (two extra blocks) and one (somewhat) running saw that need a new owner with more patience and skill than I have. Perhaps we can raffle it off (if several people want the stuff or I'll just give it to whomever is interested.

See ya' Saturday.
Bob

I'm very interested in that 051 if you're looking for a new home for it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Man, you guys are gonna have a great GTG. I bet its absolutely beautiful in Maine right now with the foilage. It is here in the Blue Ridge as well. What is the zip where the GTG will be held? Man, I wish i could go. I'd give anything to hit that Jonsered Factory outlet with Mr.Walker. :yoyo:

The foliage is in pretty much full swing at the moment. The GTG is about 20 minutes NW of Augusta if that gives you a better idea where it is.

We'll take some pics, and hopefully you can make it up next time around. :smile2:

The foliage is in pretty much full swing at the moment. The GTG is about 20 minutes NW of Augusta if that gives you a better idea where it is.

We'll take some pics, and hopefully you can make it up next time around. :smile2:

Good deal man. I would say foliage is about 100% or as good as its gonna get here as well. Rain always hurts. Pity. But thank you, I really would love to make it up there next year. Its awfully hard to leave the little one though. She's 2 and a half and Ive never spent a night away from her yet. I'm a very lucky man in that respect. But again, thanks. Wow. 1,100 miles one way.......beautiful ride though....

Last edited:
Back