Maine GTG In Early Fall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pouring rain here right now, so I have made the executive decision to leave in the early AM. Should be up there by 10-11:00. I don't have a ton of room in my truck, but if there is any saw in particular that you guys want to see (and play with) let me know. As of right now I am planning on bringing two Kart saws, Homelite 923, Homelite 1020, Homelite 550, and my Husqvarna 395XP.

Chillin' in Oguquit.

Just had clam chowder lunch at Barnacle Billy's. :cheers:

First time I've ever seen the ocean. It was pouring rain out and foggy but it wa worth seeing the rocky coast!

Maine FTW. :rock:

Rocky coast Chukka???? Damn those are the only sand beaches in the 3,500 miles of coastline in the great state of Maine!!! Ogunquit????Rocky Coastline????...Sheeeeeeeeeeeit MAN!!!!

I don't think anyone has ever said that about Maine.

LOL Perhaps not just like that......

Yeah Chucka if you have time you really should get up this way......the view from my bedroom window is the mountains of MDI. We got serious stones up hear...not them little grains of sand..or course gravel and pebbles...the whole of MDI is one giant stone.........we is rockbound!!!!!! Southern Maine is more like the coast of NH and Mass. You get east of the Kennebeck and it it's a whole different place all together......you made it this far you might as well see the best.....

OK...... this trip is right down to the last minute with me, but it looks like a go.

I'm hoping that I can meet up with peterC in the morning and carpool the rest of the way with him.

Moss (or anyone else), with everything else I need to get together, I won't have time to make a dish to bring for lunch ..... HOWEVER, I would like to contribute, so if there is something I can stop and pick up on the way, please let me know. Soda, water, chips .......... something???

This may be a dumb question...... but is there a group pool to buy some mix / bar oil, etc. ?? Or..... does everyone bring their own gas can and bar oil? Just thinking kicking in money for a group buy might be easier than everyone brininging a 2 gallon jug of gas? Not a big deal either way, I reckon.

Ducttape,

I pm'd you my address, See you in the AM, glad your making it. :clap:

For the record, I'm bringing hamburger w/ rolls and potato salad. Is anyone bringing condiments?

Ducttape,

I pm'd you my address, See you in the AM, glad your making it. :clap:

For the record, I'm bringing hamburger w/ rolls and potato salad. Is anyone bringing condiments?

I have hot dogs, buns, onions, ketchup and mustard.

See everyone in the morning!

:cheers:

I plan to grab a couple gallons of premium fuel in the morning, I would assume everyone would want to bring their own mix the way they prefer it. There is a large country store one mile up the road if anyone has fuel needs or anything else.

I haven't put the canopy up yet, these two days of rain set me back. They are predicting 30-40mph wind gusts, so I'm not sure it will be put up at all. I wanted it to cover the tables in case of rain, but we'll see. The wind will make it interesting as far as plates and cups go!:msp_rolleyes:

Looks like a go here guys, I am stoked.

blowin hard like that we might as well have a chainsaw party, the bird hunting would be pointless.

just reveiwed my list of stuff to bring and i think i might need a uhaul. mossman, do we have any sort of stand to secure the wood on?

blowin hard like that we might as well have a chainsaw party, the bird hunting would be pointless.

just reveiwed my list of stuff to bring and i think i might need a uhaul. mossman, do we have any sort of stand to secure the wood on?

I hear you on that. My truck will be pretty full. It should be a good time. I'm sure we'll manage. There's enough guys with tools and saws, that I'm sure we can cobble some things together if we need to.

OK..... I picked up a few kielbasas for the grill, couple bags o'chips and some bottled water.

I spent the afternoon at Windy Ridge getting my 2100 worked on.... new fuel line, carb rebuild, and crank seals. Hopefully it'll toss a couple chips tomorrow. I'm anxious to try it out. Also bringing my 372 and 346.

Truck is fueled up and ready to go............. see you cats in the A M ! :rock:

I'm stoked myself.

Lookin' forward to a kick @$$ day tomorrow for sure.

I guess my bro and I will be there no later than 8:00.

We may show earlier. MM, you said you'd be around at 7:00ish or so, right.....??

Show up that early and you are certified as set up crew! I didn't set up today in the rain, so tomorrow morning is going to be busy and I welcome the extra brain power. I will be out there at 7am, yes........come on over.

Latest posts

Back