Mastermind meets the NE346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You gonna open the lowers up all the way to match the base gasket? Looks like ALOT of matching!

You have been busy lately Randy:clap:

This is the tip of the iceberg Norm. I do repair work in a small shop here at my house. With firewood season in full swing I've been covered up with saws to fix and chains to grind. I've also started a repair project on my house. :cry:

I just hope my truck don't tear up. :laugh:

You gonna open the lowers up all the way to match the base gasket? Looks like ALOT of matching!

I unshrouded the transfer entrance. I'm a firm believer in transfer velocity. With that in mind I only went about a 1/4" up into the transfers.

I've still got some blending to do but here's what it looks like at this point.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The uppers are tough to work in without a RT angle handpiece. If this was my saw I would make the uppers one wide opening. Not my saw though, and I want the rings to last. :laugh:

Here's how much I opened mine. Ignore the pop can. That was in there for sandblasting the exhaust port and combustion chamber, before ceramic coating them. As Randy mentioned, I only go as high into the port as required for a good blend.

937652613_pmWNd-M.jpg

941643315_Xn3GW-M.jpg

Here's a before and after. Helps put into perspective how much must be removed to unshrould this area.

200460d1316917882-ne346xp-007-jpg

200469d1316920886-ne346xp-020-jpg

Latest posts

Back