Mastermind Worksaws Finally Gets More Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm scared to death in all honesty. One of my neighbors has a John Deere baler out in the edge of the field. It's been sitting there for 20 years I bet. Can you say "gave up on"?

Ain't nothing special going on here.
find an old new holland 68 or 68 super. made in the 50's or 60's i believe but they have been great balers for me. cheap and easy to work on plus i have bought every one of them for under $500. knotters need tinkering....get a manual and learn to read the knots or lack of a knot and adjust where the book tells you and in no time you will have a good baler.

The Baler Thread.

I love it, and I need a baler education so bring it on. :D

You're doing it all wrong.... All you need is to train them for the job....

AutoBaler1.jpg

Plus....

AutoBaler2.jpg

I'm getting out of here before my wife sees the screen and I have to explain this post or why I'm looking at chainsaws.....again....

You fellers keep an eye out for me. I'd drive and fetch a baler if it was worth the drive.

The Baler Thread.

I love it, and I need a baler education so bring it on. :D
What do you need to know about bakers man that is something I know lots. My father has owned a IH dealer in northern Iowa for 40 years grew up working on balers. Not mention he owns a 3'x3' square baler and custom bales over 1k bales a year hay and corn stalks combine. Parts for any baker are easy finding there is a company in Kearney NE that makes all the parts you can ever need. You have my info Randy just call with any questions. I completely recommend either a new holland or international older baler as they are the Heston balers re branded. Again call with questions, I work on close to 100 balers a year here in wyo.

What do you need to know about bakers man that is something I know lots. My father has owned a IH dealer in northern Iowa for 40 years grew up working on balers. Not mention he owns a 3'x3' square baler and custom bales over 1k bales a year hay and corn stalks combine. Parts for any baker are easy finding there is a company in Kearney NE that makes all the parts you can ever need. You have my info Randy just call with any questions. I completely recommend either a new holland or international older baler as they are the Heston balers re branded. Again call with questions, I work on close to 100 balers a year here in wyo.

See this site is great.

I only have about 20 acres I'd be baling. That's counting a few fields that belong to a neighbor. I know I'd probably be better off with a round baler, but since I have a good barn with a solid loft, I sorta want to be able to square bale some hay.

find an old new holland 68 or 68 super. made in the 50's or 60's i believe but they have been great balers for me. cheap and easy to work on plus i have bought every one of them for under $500. knotters need tinkering....get a manual and learn to read the knots or lack of a knot and adjust where the book tells you and in no time you will have a good baler.

Strangely that is what I have. Model 68 ended in 1962 I was told. The 68 has wood blocks for the plunger to ride on and the super hayliner one has bearings. I have never tinkered with the knotters, one came with the farm and I see no evidence of knotter parts laying around. The device that cuts the string or twine, well there are a few of them around. If it doesn't cut the string good you might think the problem is the knotter. There is a round thing on them that rides in a slot and they tend to get a flat spot but can not be ordered seperate. There are a lot of parts on those things, a lot of old chain not sure I would be comfortable without a second one in case the first one broke something. The pick up tines are kind of inferior to the modern super sweep stuff and the plunger adjustment and knife shimming is what really needs attention on mine at this point. They can not be stored outside since new and be of much use by now I would think. Research the evolution of strokes per minute of the plunger just so you know.

Glad to hear you and john got some help. What is the new hired helpers job if you don't mind me asking?

Knotters are expensive but a pickup is not far behind. I would be awful Leary of the pickup looking they bad. Note I said Leary not scared. There is some serious machining that can be required if that pick goes bad not to mention if it goes in the infeed. Just check the pickup bars and ends closely and you will be just fine

Latest posts

Back