MillerModSaws Stares Down the 7310/7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alternatively you could drill out the screw "nub" and epoxy in a short section of tig rod to make it a bit longer (and wear better) just grind it to the length you want.

Some were using small screws, and shaping them to the right length and profile. This was more to remedy wear of the nub than oil output.

btw good work Miller.

Some were using small screws, and shaping them to the right length and profile. This was more to remedy wear of the nub than oil output.

btw good work Miller.

Yeah I read over those threads before I modified mine. The only issue with the screw is, if its a larger diameter than the original nub you may reduce the oil output.

I also made this saw unlimited coil using the 272xp coil. @Poleman gave a beautiful set of instructions that I almost followed. Lol. You can see I have several marks there what that is. Is the sharpened fin is my TDC mark. The far right grind mark is 5°. The other marks are 25,30,35,40 degrees. What I did was using a piston stop I rolled the engine to 5° btdc. I had a degree wheel on it so I new where that was. I then lined my flywheel at 35° with the key ground off, I put the flywheel on. It was nice being able to hold the engine against the piston stop. This set my timing at 30° btdc. I tightened it all up and double checked it with the degree wheel. That's the quick cliff note version. Lol.

OEM Husqvarna coil or AM?

I think its about time got around to the coil swap myself.

When I first got this saw going I had lost my L control. So I modded the carb to the same spec you would a 7910 carb. That was a fail. So my next step was I used a brand new 7910 carb and she tuned out perfectly.
I have never seen porting cause an issue like that on a standard carbed saw. I can pretty much guarantee that you have a bad carb.

I have never seen porting cause an issue like that on a standard carbed saw. I can pretty much guarantee that you have a bad carb.
Did you see my pics of the carbs. Is there a chance you know how to break down or now what the numbers mean?

I like the way you get more out of the smaller saw instead of always going for the biggest chassis available.

Latest posts

Back