Most Annoying Idiots Selling Chainsaw Stuff On Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 394 for parts once. It clearly showed the cylinder removed with the guts exposed. When I received the box, amazingly enough, the piston, connecting rod and crank were missing. I called eBay and got a woman on the line whose brothers used to race dirtbikes; she knew what a piston and crank looked like, and so removed from scumbags PayPal account the total funds. I got the 394 for free. :)

A good search tip to avoid aftermarket parts is to select 'North America' or 'US Only'.

I check ebay a lot for odds and ends I may need for a saw I'm working on. It frustrates the hell out of me when it isn't clear whether or not it's aftermarket. Personally, I like to stick to OEM. It's ridiculous that you need a hawk eye to examine the part in their terrible pics for authenticity. I'm not a fan of the misleading terminology used as others have mentioned above - pure BS.

There's a big seller of saw parts on ebay that I steer clear of due to poor description and few pics. I bought one thing from this seller and it wasn't as I expected. You live, you learn. Lately, I've found a couple sellers that are really upping the game. Great pics, great descriptions, clean used parts and always labeled OEM or aftermarket. I hope they keep it up and set an example or put the bad sellers out.

I bought a 394 for parts once. It clearly showed the cylinder removed with the guts exposed. When I received the box, amazingly enough, the piston, connecting rod and crank were missing. I called eBay and got a woman on the line whose brothers used to race dirtbikes; she knew what a piston and crank looked like, and so removed from scumbags PayPal account the total funds. I got the 394 for free. :)

Good, the seller deserved it!

Theres a guy selling an Olympyk 950 with " an unsusual spur sprocket" I sent him a message and told him that the unusual sprocket is whats called a " worn out sprocket" I made him a generous offer because I need some parts. He said he was sticking with his price of $199 due to the saws collector value. Look for that add.

While I see overpriced adds like this and shake my head, he may just find some idiot that bites.
I think some of these adds are inside scams. Guy throws up some outrageous add. His cousin goes to work in another state and hits buy it now from the companies account and it gets lost in the shuffle.

AMEN

use OEM in your main search
if someone misrepresents an item that is fraud in my book
it is the sellers responsibility to let buyers know what they are looking at
a buyers responsibility is to read the entire listing and to pay, period
DDave
They also get around that by saying "replaces OEM part # XXXXXXXXXX." Gotta stay on your toes with the d-bags.

Biggest goofball on there is cutomchainsawparts or whatever he is calling himself today. And, I will feel that way until he pays me the $15 he owes me.
I bought a couple manuals (441 IPL and Service Manual) from this guy last week. He did ok by me. Even combined shipping and refunded the extra when I sent him an email. I bought on Friday and received on Monday. Guess I got lucky with him.

that's where I get all my used/stained g strings
images

Back