ms 150 best saw ever (snellorized) in the history of saws (lb. for lb.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had mine about 18 months now & love it. I got a second used one on eBay because I figured it would be great to have a spare unit, but I returned it because it was junk. The cosmetics didn't bother me (every plastic panel was broken), but I think the forward end of the handle was broken, too. It started fine, but ran rough ... and the kill switch didn't work. I didn't tear it down to investigate beyond cleaning it with the bar off. I figure it got dropped out of a tree. That seller has since re-sold it on ebay & I hope the winning bidder wasn't from here. I think I'll still get a second one, but it will be new.

I just want someone who has ran the new edition echo 271 and the 150t to speak up. Anyone? ??

I just want someone who has ran the new edition echo 271 and the 150t to speak up. Anyone? ??
I have not run an Echo, but the weight differential means a lot to me. Powerheads only, the MS150 weighs 5.7# and the Echo weighs 6.6# ... almost a full pound heavier. The Echo is closer to the weight of my MS192 at 7#. Just food for thought.

2nd day deadwooding and habitat pruning with the 150t, it really is a cracking little saw

Its really impressive how well this thing cuts wood, and not just small stuff either

Does Brad do same mods to them as 201t?,Timing, m/m, ect? Great little saws..l use a 23cc makita wieghing a whopping 2.5kg's and it is probably the saw l use most. And l have a few to choose from. They really make 200/201's seem big and heavy.

I think Brad does the same mods, it sounds throaty with instant power. The bar is 12" 1/4 .043 which is tiny but it cuts so quick, the bar end is so narrow it fits into tight crotches and is long enough for those stretching but just reachable cuts right out on the branch ends. I was doing almost full bar cuts on unstable dismantles and its so quick and easy, I own a newish 200t and 192t both with 12" and this has retired both of those for pruning, the 192t is now the ****** job saw

image.jpg That there's a wrist saver, a branch grabbing handled device. Let's you grab onto a branch with one hand, cut it loose with the other, swing it out of harm's way n let go of it with one finger triggered release. I prefer the thumb, pointing down of course.

Great thang for bucket boys too!

jomoco

View attachment 386174 That there's a wrist saver, a branch grabbing handled device. Let's you grab onto a branch with one hand, cut it loose with the other, swing it out of harm's way n let go of it with one finger triggered release. I prefer the thumb, pointing down of course.

Great thang for bucket boys too!

jomoco

I'm no pro by a long shot but that sounds crazy as hell. But I guess if it works successfully have at it :)

Don't know, fairly heavy.

But not so much when you're hangin from it SRT.

Kinda like a 3/4 bull rope, a 1/2 airline with a braided polyester jacket over it.

Got a vid of me workin a Euc hanging from it on VHS.

It was cool then in 95, even cooler now, once I get a custom T bar termination fitted to it.

Yup, old feeble climbers like me have to cheat to compete. Push button up n down wireless remote winch control, the works.image.jpg

Looks rather like a highly modified hard rake T bar, don't it?

But look closely?

Even if that T bar fractured and collapsed, so what?

I'd still be firmly attached by the rated nylon loops, two of them.

Giving two rated attachment points, to your harness, rather than one.

T bar's where yu wanna store your curly Q airlines, handheld loppers, and ideally your 3 lb pneumatic trimsaw.

A more accurate term for the line spreading T bar's actually a ballast bar, something to hold onto and balance against with one hand, as you prune with the other, fast as you can pull the hand lopper's trigger, pow pow pow, like 45 automatic!

jomoco

Can someone provide more info on 150 mods? Does it really give a power increase or just make it sound like a cut cat?

I had mine since they first became available. 10" bar is perfect for this saw. One pruning tophandle and one removal tophandle, wouldn't have it any other way.

One problem that I'm having though... It won't turn off...so far I opened the handle up to check the wires and mechanism but all seems good. Looks like I'll have to investigate further unless someone else has a quick fix?? Cheers

Broken wire or dirty contact? The off switch grounds out the spark/coil

Back