ms 150 best saw ever (snellorized) in the history of saws (lb. for lb.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure still... So far contacts appear good, yes i guess there is a possibility of a broken wire but they look visually good too...

Can you check switch movement while handle is open? If the contacts are clean and working then trace wires and check they're fixed properly, earthed or wherever. It'll be a loose, dirty or broken connection on a crimp, contact or wire

Not sure still... So far contacts appear good, yes i guess there is a possibility of a broken wire but they look visually good too...

So after i put it back together, it works like normal... Cant say i found the problem but it works anyway!

Cheers

Yea i have had a few broken crimps on the 200's which was clear as day to see as soon as i opened the handle up but in this case not so sure. Id say your right with the contact issue.

Was at a local Stihl dealer today to buy a new MS261C, and got to discussing the MS150. They told me the new MS151 is due out soon. When asked what's being changed, they said mostly fuel efficiency stuff to stay ahead of "always-forthcoming" left-coast emissions requirements. They explained Stihl likes to stay a couple years ahead of the regulations in order to get a fair amount produced and sold before the next regulated change ... otherwise they might have to makes changes every year. I cannot confirm anything they told me, but from a manufacturer's standpoint, it makes sense.

M-tronic?
150t is virtually perfect, just needs to be 1/4lb in weight and have a weapons grade laser instead of a b/c...

I don't really see what it could add to this saw other than emissions

It depends what you use it for, if it is a lightweight pruning saw then the chain is a benefit. Ground saw, forget it.
Removals, get a bigger one. Deadwood, some hazard trees, pruning/shaping, then it is great and worth the money

I'm not sure about the little chain
That "little chain" slices through oak real well. I've dismantled a few with it, and its light weight means I work longer because I'm not getting tired from carrying around a saw that weighs one or two pounds more ... and that means a lot to us "older" climbers (I'm 56). I've chunked down some oak spars with mine until the diameter got over 12" and I switched to a larger saw.

The top I was trying to blow out yesterday grabbed the chain and bent a drive length. The saw is awesome chains are 12$ from dealer but maybe I'm just used to the 540xp and 200t. I'm simply going to use it as hard and effective as any tool I own. Time will tell for me I've only had it 2 days and had it on 2 trees. The fuel tank sure is small also lol had to replace fuel before the little sweet gum was down... oh the 200t was sent up and it felt like a 395xp lol

Did a 100 ft fir removal on friday with this little beast! Only switched saws because I ran out of gas about 20 ft from the ground.

Back