Ms 260 Custom Bucking Spike

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmoose

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have some pictures of a new bucking spike I made for my 260 that I wanted to show the rest of the board members,but iI dont know how to post them.

Moose

bigmoose's spikes...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Why the swiss cheese style bar?? Do you really need the extra weight savings on an 026??

I plan on taking the holes out to 1 1/4 when I get a chance.I dont know about the weight reduction but it does not seem to vibrate like before.It is lighter too.

Good work.

It looks like you drilled the inner curves with a drill like I did on mine. To get a smooth transition between each spike and the drilled hole I used a dremel with a grinding stone and then a sanding drum to get a smooth finish.
attachment.php

I hand painted them with pot belly black and baked them in a BBQ oven. The paint still can off after a couple of cookies but the work great.

Good work.

It looks like you drilled the inner curves with a drill like I did on mine. To get a smooth transition between each spike and the drilled hole I used a dremel with a grinding stone and then a sanding drum to get a smooth finish.
attachment.php

I hand painted them with pot belly black and baked them in a BBQ oven. The paint still can off after a couple of cookies but the work great.

i think that might be overkill...

Okay, since we are on this subject. I have a single spike for my 026 from Bailey's, but I need screws. What size do I need? Are they std. or Metric?

Isn't the size of your dogs... Directly proportional to the size of your bar nuts?

:monkey:

Fair enough then what about the guy with chain on the wrong way small bar nuts and the big dawgs on a small saw ??? what's he missing then :clap:

Latest posts

Back