ms200t vs. 338xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it was more than my 346 but there is metal under the plastic covers, it's a XP so it's worth it!

What surpriced me, is that the clutch cover is mag, and I agree with the comment on metal under the plastic......:clap: :clap:

That saw sure is a cool one - but Husky probably will never admit what it really was designed for - the rear handle is the clue.....

And it was designed for?. I'm holding my breath... tell me!

One-handed limbing of felled spruce is my guess - it is common here with other saws, but the 339 looks like it is specially designed for it. There is (comparably) lots of those saws out here, mostly among the limited number of pros.

I have tried it, and it works very nice for that application.

Last edited:
Btw, spruce doesn't really belong here, but lots were planted to compensate for for the (fir) trees felled by the Germans during the WW II, later to make pulp-wood, and the forrest administration just recently came to their sences, and stopped it.....:censored:

Last edited:
Troll
I was making some test cuts on some Ash trees with the 339. Well the bar nut must have been loose. Got done with a cut had the saw on it's side when the bar nut fell off, followed by the bar cover, followed by the bar.
Never had that happen before! I did have the camera along and here's the result!

p1010382gl9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

damn.. that must be why some saws have two bar nuts:popcorn:

and the MS192 and MS200? :popcorn:

Likewise, the smaller Dolmar/Makita DCS341, and DCS401 have only a single nut. The manufacturers must have thought the users intelligent enough to ensure the single nut was tight.:buttkick:

Troll
I was making some test cuts on some Ash trees with the 339. Well the bar nut must have been loose. Got done with a cut had the saw on it's side when the bar nut fell off, followed by the bar cover, followed by the bar.
Never had that happen before! I did have the camera along and here's the result!

p1010382gl9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hopefully no real damage!

Unlike the MS361 (that I love), there is metal on both sides of the part of the chain that is inside the saw.....

Btw, is that a 13" bar?

Last edited:
The only thing hurt was my pride.
It's a 66dl bar...

Not too bad I guess, since you posted pics of it........:)

OK, 16" then - any plans of trying a shorter one?

Btw, I once forgot to tighten both bar nuts on my 353, but discovered it in time as the cover started to make a laud rattling sound. One bar nut was lost, thats all....

Last edited:
Btw, spruce doesn't really belong here, but lots were planted to compensate for for the (fir) trees felled by the Germans during the WW II, later to make pulp-wood, and the forrest administration just recently came to their sences, and stopped it.....:censored:

What you mean is the Sitka Spruce (Picea sitchensis) that was planted a lot of after WW II, and here on the West Coast they are growing fast, very fast some places and are regarded as weed.
Norway Spruce (Picea abies) and Pine (Pinus sylvestris) is what's normal here.
:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
The new 2139T is mostly the same as the NE338xpt, I believe - the 2135 is history.

Yes the Jonsered CS 2135T is history, it got a new name "Husqvarna NE 334T", and the "Husqvarna NE 338xpt" and the "Jonsered CS 2139T" is based on what Jonsered did to the old 334 to make the 2135T, and now the Top-handle from Husqvarna/Jonsered is better then ever..thanks to Jonsered...

What you mean is the Sitka Spruce (Picea sitchensis) that was planted a lot of after WW II, and here on the West Coast they are growing fast, very fast some places and are regarded as weed.
Norway Spruce (Picea abies) and Pine (Pinus sylvestris) is what's normal here.

No spruce is "normal" up here though - they don't belong here..

Latest posts

Back