Ms362 specs,pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STIHLTHEDEERE

This is Koty
Reaction score
i ran the new ms 362 yesterday,it was a preproduction model.but it was very well thought out,and put together.it looked to be ready for production to me.i have several pics. to post,my pics are 428mb or kb?,the limit on the site is 300kb/mb? i will need help with that,the pics. are good,but not great. any way the specs are as follows: bar size,16-28"(i ran a 20"),62cc,5.1hp,12.8lbs,15,800 max rpm,it has the electronic carb like the ms280.i was told the motor is all new with a large bore & short stroke.the air filter is huge compared to a 361,they seemed to do a good job of stuffing it under a similar sized housing.we compared it to many saws,i have a very good running 361,and it spanked it handily.with a 20" bar it was going thru well seasoned oak,like hot knife through butter.the 441 we were running had a 25" bar on it,and the 362 was right there with it! all saws were running new full skip chains. the new official name of the saw will be the MS362PRO. i will post pics as soon as we get it figured out.

i ran the new ms 362 yesterday,it was a preproduction model.but it was very well thought out,and put together.it looked to be ready for production to me.i have several pics. to post,my pics are 428mb or kb?,the limit on the site is 300kb/mb? i will need help with that,the pics. are good,but not great. any way the specs are as follows: bar size,16-28"(i ran a 20"),62cc,5.1hp,12.8lbs,15,800 max rpm,it has the electronic carb like the ms280.i was told the motor is all new with a large bore & short stroke.the air filter is huge compared to a 361,they seemed to do a good job of stuffing it under a similar sized housing.we compared it to many saws,i have a very good running 361,and it spanked it handily.with a 20" bar it was going thru well seasoned oak,like hot knife through butter.the 441 we were running had a 25" bar on it,and the 362 was right there with it! all saws were running new full skip chains. the new official name of the saw will be the MS362PRO. i will post pics as soon as we get it figured out.

I PMed my email send them to me I will resize and load them for you.

I hope what you say is true because that sounds like an awesome go to saw. Lets see some pics once you get it straightened out and hopefully it will be out before the end of the year.

Was the vibration level noticeably less?

Do you know if it uses it use the standard STIHL spark plug and scrench, or a smaller one like the MS211?

Any info when it will be available for sale?

Thanks.

Philbert

To hell with 2012 and the mayan calander, who cares ???
The only thing that matters now on planet earth is the birth of a new star, a superstar, a dawning of a new age.

362 :jawdrop:

Was the vibration level noticeably less?

Do you know if it uses it use the standard STIHL spark plug and scrench, or a smaller one like the MS211?

Any info when it will be available for sale?

Thanks.

Philbert361s' dont really vibrate,yes it was smoothe.should be available in oct.

man,this thing really sounds like a hot one!!
light and fast! that thing must sound like its about to blow up all the time though lol.

oh ps here ya go STIHLTHEDEERE,try something like this:
http://www.soft82.com/download/mac/photo-resizer/
(sorry never tried that particular one before.but tried a few,they are all pretty simple)

Last edited:
light and fast! that thing must sound like its about to blow up all the time though lol.

WOT speed means bugger all . As TW states its what it turns in the wood that matters.

Ive got a 242XP its set just below 15,000 and turns 10,000 - 11,000 in the cut. sounds great:)

cutting at wot it does have quite a sound all its own,it is very quiet compared to my ms361.it appears to have a 2 piece cat-type muffler,and i think it is all stainless. one half is painted,and the other is raw metal.

Latest posts

Back