MS382

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatsfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of these for sale close by. running saw in average shape, 20" bar. google had some interesting reading, apparently never offered for sale in the USA, old school design. 72.2CC, 5.3hp.

Might want to be extra careful and make sure you are not buying a clone. I had an 038 Magnum 2 years ago, and also an 038 AV Super Farm Boss. Solid saws but lacked what the 044/440 had.

Might want to be extra careful and make sure you are not buying a clone. I had an 038 Magnum 2 years ago, and also an 038 AV Super Farm Boss. Solid saws but lacked what the 044/440 had.

not a clone. from what I've read these are mo betta than the 038's.

not a clone. from what I've read these are mo betta than the 038's.
I'd say you are right, as I have lost track of Stihl over the past few years. I know the 038 Magnum 2 was the same ccs as that 380 or 382, but I have no idea what the HP rating was. The 038 FB was about 5 ccs smaller if I remember right. $275 sounds like a good buy.

Latest posts

Back