ms460 most powerful chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make my own for less than $10. Way cheaper than buying a factory dual port. Yes, that was my MS660 and yes that cover was made me. I'll do the 390 after it is broke in and I will post that too. :biggrinbounce2:

picture004largely8.jpg

Shrek?

The 395 is a bit larger cc wise but I don't care for the outboard clutch setup. I also like the power band of the Huskys better too. Sorry, but I'll take my Huskys any day. I know that the cover was not done. Gee, how observent. No there isn't a spark arrestor in there. I don't cut on Federal land. Anyway, go ahead and spend the $$$ on those factory dual ports. Somebody has to keep the Stihl parts people in business.

Anyway, go ahead and spend the $$$ on those factory dual ports. Somebody has to keep the Stihl parts people in business.

The covers aren't making Stihl stay in bussiness, it's the competetion that tries to keep up. Thanks for clearing up why you went from a 660 and dropped down to the 390:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

beats a dead pig any day:buttkick: :buttkick: :popcorn:

Wrong, Lakey! Nothing beats hickory-smoked dead pig slathered in a nice Carolina mustard-based barbeque sauce.

I see why these zany threads are popular at AS. They're like trees. The original post is the trunk, and the responses are like branches shooting off in many directions.

My bike saws average 1 hp per 5cc. And those are just specs for stock bike motors (under estimated of course).:laugh:

:sucks: :sucks: :sucks: :chainsawguy: Can we get this silly tread to stop???? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Power to ccs is not interesting at all, power to weight is.

Last edited:
How about POWER to RESALE value :popcorn:

Totally uninteresting to me, I don't sell my saws - and anyway the Huskys are the more desirable ones here......:givebeer: :givebeer:

Or HORSEPOWER to NEW saw Price?? Whats MSRP on a 460 these days??

Also pretty uninteresting, I pay what the saws I want cost these days, as I am getting old - the last compromize was the 353.....

The 441W was about 300$ less here than the 372xpg when I got that one, but I never hesitated.

Last edited:
ok you win, wrong conclusion, but I would still not get a dolmar because the shipping to china would be way too much when it needed to be factory serviced. I only buy the german made stuff. I'm using 6lb. test and a minnow

fish on!!!!!!!!

&^%$it...I repped him for an earlier post, and then he throws THESE out there!! AAIIIGGHH!!!

Mods, can you please reset my reparator JUST THIS ONCE for lotsowood?????

&^%$it...I repped him for an earlier post, and then he throws THESE out there!! AAIIIGGHH!!!

Mods, can you please reset my reparator JUST THIS ONCE for lotsowood?????

SOOOOOO, you'r the one that give him the second green light! :hmm3grin2orange:

I just looked..........He has 4 now..............I helped him also. :)

Last edited:
Thanks to all of the arboristsite members for lots of great information. I have just picked up my ms460 today. The saw has 76.5cc and 6.0hp, that is 12.75cc for every 1 hp. Is there any other saw made that has less cc's per hp, I have looked around but have not found one. comments??? no, I'm not stirring the pot, well maybe just a little.

BUT, the important thing is powerband. If any saw has a real narrow powerband, it will be harder to keep it in the "good zone" and the saw will bog. I've never heard of a 460 being "peaky" , but all in all a bad way to look at a saw's performance...or a car for that matter.

Mark

BUT, the important thing is powerband. If any saw has a real narrow powerband, it will be harder to keep it in the "good zone" and the saw will bog. I've never heard of a 460 being "peaky" , but all in all a bad way to look at a saw's performance...or a car for that matter.

Mark

The Huskys usually have the better powerband, compared to the pre-361 Stihls, at least at the top and bottom - but the Stihls often have the better peak hp and Nm, to no avail.......:cheers:

Latest posts

Back