ms460 most powerful chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

GO POULAN!!!!!!!
Best in class power!!! :dizzy: :dizzy:

Now there you go teasing joecool, he actually wants a 295 46cc plastic cased thing over a magnesium cased 3000 49cc.
Sometimes things just amaze me.:dizzy:

Glad this new guy lotsowood at least had the since to buy the 460 and not that 441 slut. :cheers:

Now there you go teasing joecool, he actually wants a 295 46cc plastic cased thing over a magnesium cased 3000 49cc.
Sometimes things just amaze me.:dizzy:

Glad this new guy lotsowood at least had the since to buy the 460 and not that 441 slut. :cheers:

LOL C4F,,,,,,,,

That is funny!!!!!!!!! Have to agree!!!!! strange Phenomenon?????:dizzy: :monkey: :cheers:

I wish I had not posted in this thread, I was just messing around. I like Stihl saws and do have alot of time running a 460. I think it is a good saw. I would love to have a 361, but cant justify 2 saws so close together in size. I am going to put a big bore kit in the 365 and my next saw will be in the 90cc area, it might just be a 660.

Can I get a refund?

For those last fifteen minutes I wasted on this thread?

Here's a worthless lump of data: Muffler modded MS361 (assuming a 10% gain from the muffler) 59cc / 4.8hp = 12.3 cc/hp and .38 hp/lb

Last edited:
Thanks to all of the arboristsite members for lots of great information. I have just picked up my ms460 today. The saw has 76.5cc and 6.0hp, that is 12.75cc for every 1 hp. Is there any other saw made that has less cc's per hp, I have looked around but have not found one. comments??? no, I'm not stirring the pot, well maybe just a little.

I think people get confused with Horsepower and Torque. Torque is what pulls the load not Horsepower. A very good everyday example would be the 7.3 l Turbo Diesels lots of Torque but only about 220 Horsepower. Which would you rather have a 7.3 Diesel or a 365 Horsepower gas truck pulling your 15,000 pound trailer.

Big saws are designed for Torque not Horsepower which is why RPM limiters are designed into big saws. Keeps them near their Torque peak.

Latest posts

Back