ms460 most powerful chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to get a chance to run that 090 or one of your other big azz saws at Tom's next time.

The 660 is the biggest I have ran so far and it Stihl makes me go:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

That would be fine with me IF THEY(management) would let me bring and run saws at all. Last time THEY asked me to bring my big stihls/safety gear for a demo, when I got there the big boss said "no way, can't actually RUN the saws at a DEMO that's to much liability". So my 090, 084, 075, 2 056magII's and 041av super just ended up sitting on a trailer. I even printed up the info pages on each of them from acre's site to help with the display and still no-joy. Tommy and I were pi$$ed. I mean I was invited to do this!!

That would be fine with me IF THEY(management) would let me bring and run saws at all. Last time THEY asked me to bring my big stihls/safety gear for a demo, when I got there the big boss said "no way, can't actually RUN the saws at a DEMO that's to much liability". So my 090, 084, 075, 2 056magII's and 041av super just ended up sitting on a trailer. I even printed up the info pages on each of them from acre's site to help with the display and still no-joy. Tommy and I were pi$$ed. I mean I was invited to do this!!

Oh yeah, I forgot all of that hoopla.

Maybe we can go to your place or Tom's after he gets off and saw. The time change may kick our azz though. It only took me a few mintues of the 660 bouncing around at dusk to decide I need to keep my arms, legs, and head.

The original point of the demo was to show some impressive stihls still RUNNING at 20-40 years old. Sorta misses the point if they just look like they're holding down a trailer. Know wut ah mean Verne.

The original point of the demo was to show some impressive stihls still RUNNING at 20-40 years old. Sorta misses the point if they just look like they're holding down a trailer. Know wut ah mean Verne.

Hoss that really sucked since you had your heart set on doing it.....I would have loved to see the pictures of you puttin the coal's to the old Biggin saws....

Sorry Mature saws.......

Last edited:
That does suck but we know you and Tommy were trying your best for a good demo. No doubt liability was an issue with the head honchos.

Honchos from the store loved the idea and in fact they and Tommy came up with the idea. The honcho throwin a wrench in the works was from out of town and showed up unexpected like.

never sure.. but.. real hard to get to 300 hours (emissons) with just one. I figure the7900, like most other similar saws, will disappear by 2010 anyhow... want to bet the new saws don't have two rings?
I don't see how rings would affect emissions in a 2 stroke. . .

I don't see how rings would affect emissions in a 2 stroke. . .

you have a lot to learn.... Piston fit and rings are critical. In the final production runs of the TS760, Stihl had to match cylinder and piston sizes (not clearances) to a few 10ths ("tenth" = 1/10000") to meet the test requirements.

Last edited:
Anyway the upside to all this is, that I HAD an 090, 084, 075, 2-056magIIs and an 041av super to bring. Also one of my buddies that caretakes a 250 acre tree farm was there and saw that I had a sawin itch that I wasn't going to be able to scratch, so he invited me up to the farm after the "demo" to drop a 54' red oak. So it all worked out in the end.:)

Anyway the upside to all this is, that I HAD an 090, 084, 075, 2-056magIIs and an 041av super to bring. Also one of my buddies that caretakes a 250 acre tree farm was there and saw that I had a sawin itch that I wasn't going to be able to scratch, so he invited me up to the farm after the "demo" to drop a 54' red oak. So it all worked out in the end.:)

Now that would have been kool:clap: :chainsaw: :clap: :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back