My Dolmar 7900 and Solo 681.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a widescreen version I blurred and removed the grain from. Kind of cool.

774693007_Hh5yJ-XL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's a brilliant technique. Good color contrasts and with the background blurred, it makes the saw stand out into the foreground.

Last edited:
So Brad...

I was considering richening the 681 quite a bit and milling with it - JUST to see how it would do. It won't be in seasoned, dry, frozen oak. I have some green white pine I can play with which isn't too hard on a saw.

BUT.... I don't wanna push the saw TOO hard with the keyless flywheel and all. You can push the snot out of it when it's cross cutting and the flywheel seems to be just fine. Would milling a couple boards of softwood be a bad idea??

So Brad...

I was considering richening the 681 quite a bit and milling with it - JUST to see how it would do. It won't be in seasoned, dry, frozen oak. I have some green white pine I can play with which isn't too hard on a saw.

BUT.... I don't wanna push the saw TOO hard with the keyless flywheel and all. You can push the snot out of it when it's cross cutting and the flywheel seems to be just fine. Would milling a couple boards of softwood be a bad idea??

Go for it, as long as you richen it up good. The keyless flywheel shouldn't make any difference milling ever bucking.

OOH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!! and on Valentine's Day.:jawdrop:

Lol.....

She read it, she thought it was funny. :)

Any girl that would marry me would HAVE to share a (wacky) sense of humor to be able to put up with me. :D

And speaking of V-Day, in our house, it wasn't even celebrated. lol.

Surprised? :)

:cheers: :greenchainsaw:

Back