My new husky 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manilu

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Greatings from Croatia, my name is Ivan,
First i got this old beast from my father
uploadfromtaptalk1410965983752.jpg
But after few days coil died and i couldn't find replacment part in europe only in US, so i decide to buy new husky 359
uploadfromtaptalk1410966153152.jpg
Saw came with 3/8 16" bar and i replaced with 3/8 18", after 30 cubic meters prepared wood i'm very happy with saw, really well balaced and easy to work with it, here is one in action
uploadfromtaptalk1410966333703.jpg
I read about muffler mod, is it safe?

P.Ssorry for my write mistakes

Thx all, i was reading lot's forums about saw's, choice was betwen stihl 260 and husky 359, new stihl was around 1100 $ and husky was around 800 $, my friend have 359 so he give me his saw for few days and it was love on first sight :)
so muffler is safe i can't find reason for not do it ;)

Welcome Manilu. Lots of help around here for any questions you have. MM is a good idea, just make sure you know how to re-tune your carburetor when finished. Lots of info here about MM. Your saw will run better and much cooler. And don't give up on the "old beast". Keep looking for a coil. Your english is fine...We all speak the same language when it comes to saws!

He he thx, i found topics with MM and also youtube videos, i have friend who repair saws so he will retune carb after i finnish with muffler, mine is 2014 so intake have metal clamp, is there any known bugs with this saw?

Welcome Manilu!! I always enjoy posts from people in different parts of the world. I've got a question a little off the topic. I notice you are cutting your rounds very short. I've noticed over time that many people from that part of the world cut really short firewood. How come? Small stove or firebox? Small heat load? Smaller homes? Just curious, welcome again!

Those short was made for path in garden, i will take picture tomorow and post here if you wan't, i usualy cut around 30 cm

Those short was made for path in garden, i will take picture tomorow and post here if you wan't, i usualy cut around 30 cm

That is interesting, standard length here is 16" or 40cm. I cut mine at 20" (~51cm) but can take up to 24" (61cm). I bet splitting that short stuff is easy. Itend to stay between 18-20" because it seems to take signifinantly more energy to split them at 24"...

I like my Jonsered 2159. Same as Husky 359. I like it better than my Husky 346. The Jonsey has a 20" plus Cherry waiting for it. They cut well and have very little problem sinking a 20" bar with 3/8 chain

yes they have same engine rob066
marshy--> i cut my firewood around 30 cm lenght, but the thickest wood i cut with 359 was around 110cm diameter with 18" bar without any problems and it was 70 years old cypress

Latest posts

Back