My new ms361!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you got the right chainsaw for the home owner arm chair warrior. You fell for the Uber Stihl marketing hype aimed straight at you. Sell a homeowner saw at a high price so you trick them into believing that this is a PRO saw. The only way you will ever get that thing to function line a pro saw is to dump another $150 bills into it. Notice the permanent “sticky” near the top of this page concerning the ms361 and a muffler? Ask yourself why it is up there? If you are happy with its stock performance, you have got yourself the right chainsaw! You just paid way too much for it. Believe the lie!!
What other saw would you have suggested???? Im my area huskys cost more I wanted to buy a saw local. Plus for a saw around 60cc lots of people on this site suggested the 361.

Well you got the right chainsaw for the home owner arm chair warrior. You fell for the Uber Stihl marketing hype aimed straight at you. Sell a homeowner saw at a high price so you trick them into believing that this is a PRO saw. The only way you will ever get that thing to function line a pro saw is to dump another $150 bills into it. Notice the permanent “sticky” near the top of this page concerning the ms361 and a muffler? Ask yourself why it is up there? If you are happy with its stock performance, you have got yourself the right chainsaw! You just paid way too much for it. Believe the lie!!

So what other saws in this performance level are there? And what are the prices? A 357.....more than the stihl. A 359, only about 60 less than the stihl. What makes this any less of a pro saw?

This is a load of crap......:notrolls2:

It was his decision to buy the 361, the dealer didn't put a gun to his head. The 290 would have worked but if he ever ran a 361, he would want a 361. That saw is dead even with a 357xp, even with the 361's stock muffler. Paid too much for it? You get what ya pay for, he could unload that saw now or 1 year later and make most of his $$$ back, do that with another brand.;)

$150 is one heck of a muffler mod!

Just picked it up today very nice saw I can see why they cost what they do.
MS360001.jpg

MS360003.jpg

MS360004.jpg

MS360005.jpg

MS360006.jpg

Yup that's a 361, take care of it and it will last you a lifetime.:cheers:

Nice purchase. You'll want another saw soon. Especially if you frequent this site. Saws are like potato chips you cant have just one.:D

Ya… load of crap, trolls etc.

I tell you what bunky, put 10 hours on that Uber saw you just bought and if that saw is everything you ever dreamed of, well then you are all set. If you have trouble with that $600+ wonder, you just whale away like Japan and Norway.

so,
what have you got to bring to the table other than generalized criticisms and the same old 'it costs too much' bull?
:popcorn:

What you want me to bring wine too? The ms361 has enough problems without me adding to them as you apparently know. Perhaps you need to reread your own posts brian/brain. Oh.. and for the record why don’t you grow up get a real avatar not one bought and owned by Fox. Try one owned by the site sponsors. You seem to appreciate the site. Might as well advertize for them and not Fox.

Sweet!!!!!!!

OMG thats nice. If you keep it in the box for the next 20yrs, and not touch it, she'll be worth double. I wouldn't even look at it anymore. Just take a pic, look at that every now and again, maybe start it up once and record it so you can hear it sometimes when your driving down the road or something.... hehehehehehehe

OMG thats nice. If you keep it in the box for the next 20yrs, and not touch it, she'll be worth double. I wouldn't even look at it anymore. Just take a pic, look at that every now and again, maybe start it up once and record it so you can hear it sometimes when your driving down the road or something.... hehehehehehehe

Haha I know what you mean its no nice and clean almost hate to get it all dirty.

Haha I know what you mean its no nice and clean almost hate to get it all dirty.

I have really been thinking about putting a couple of 372 up. I know the last time they said they were canceling them the price jumped. Would be interesting to know what the great husky and stihl saw will be worth down the line. After the EPA

so,
all you have to go on is my posts?
you bring nothing to the table except whine.

my avatar kicks your avatar's arse.

Yup, you are one real cool original dude! Here I ask myself, why can I be you brian/brain?? Tell me, how is that 361 treating you? Are you happy with its performance/price? Did you expect better from a company that charges you a premium price for a “premium” product? Did you feel bad the day you learned that Uber Stihl sign a deal with John Deere? Did you ask yourself what such a deal might do to the independent stihl dealer you purchased you saw from? Why don’t you tell us what you have to bring to the table about the ms361 other than stihl is the best thing since sliced toast?

I have really been thinking about putting a couple of 372 up. I know the last time they said they were canceling them the price jumped. Would be interesting to know what the great husky and stihl saw will be worth down the line. After the EPA

372xp will be my next saw thats the cream of the crop Husky I heard. Or the Jonsered 2171 I love the look of the red/black.

Latest posts

Back