My new ms361!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to update. I had the dealer look at the saw they said everything was fine and it tached around 14k. I think it still takes too many pulls though.

Forgot to update. I had the dealer look at the saw they said everything was fine and it tached around 14k. I think it still takes too many pulls though.

I don't know if this is worth anything to you or not. This is only my $.02. I have the same saw, now with probably 20 plus tanks through it. It took a few tanks before it would start on the 3rd pull just about every time when it was COLD. Warm, usually first pull.
I have had the same problem with my saw as well. However, I believe you said you were using the Decomp. Valve? DON'T use it. I've had nothing but trouble with that valve not allowing the saw to start like it should. Use a proper method of holding the saw between your legs or on the ground. It's not that hard to pull start with out that valve. You'll notice it starts much easier.

I don't know if this is worth anything to you or not. This is only my $.02. I have the same saw, now with probably 20 plus tanks through it. It took a few tanks before it would start on the 3rd pull just about every time when it was COLD. Warm, usually first pull.
I have had the same problem with my saw as well. However, I believe you said you were using the Decomp. Valve? DON'T use it. I've had nothing but trouble with that valve not allowing the saw to start like it should. Use a proper method of holding the saw between your legs or on the ground. It's not that hard to pull start with out that valve. You'll notice it starts much easier.

Agreed. Just drop start it, holding the top handle in your right, the pull cord in your left, choke/throttle on, and drop it with your right and pull up smartly with your left. I am a small guy and have no trouble doing that. A 460 is nice to have a decomp, but a 361 is easier by far.. I hear the decomp can slowly get buildup in it and not seal correctly.

9 pages of posts after a guy posts nothing more than pics of his new 361. Like it or hate it, the 361 is the most polarizing saw on this site. Geez!

I purchased a MS361 yesterday ($569.00 20" bar). I was debating between that or Husgvarna 357XP ($689.00 20" bar). Liked both but price was my deciding factor. I hope it will be as good a saw as my Husqvarna 51 or better. It was hard making the switch.

I found the issue. Drained out the gas and just got some fresh today it fired right up with 3 pulls. The gas I had in it wasnt even too old I didnt think.

Back