My new STIHL MS 341

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW a 16" bar, that's tiny man, don't know if i could go that small and would i really notice that much different's in torque gains?

PS do you ride a quad and/or dirt bike?

Is there a place here i could post up my quad, dirt bike, sled, boat and two trucks? :poke:

Yeah there is a Readers rides page on the main site column. I have ridden Trikes, Quads and dirt bikes but I have a 700 kawasaki vtwin Quad at the moment with a dyna cdi, modded twin pipes, modded snorkel. I machined the clutches so that the belt rides higher and I get about 78mph out of her running a black spring on the secondary. I have a 4x4 so I am limited as to what I can do. I can smoke a racequad when I can get traction until he hits last gear and then after a second or two he will pass me unless he has mods and than he will get the holeshot and I will be left at the starting line but I will stay with him until about 65mph. If I built a stronger engine I could beat most anything but I don't need that much power and on a 4x4 platform it is kind of pointless. My next purchase will be a Yamaha Rhino. I tried one out and they are worth the money a good play around machine that can take four people or a very good work machine that can haul 1500 lbs with ease. I would like a 4 pic post on the readers rides forum just to check out your banshee that thing is very nice and I can see a lot of thought went into the design as well as some performance mods.

West coast saws usually have a wrap handle.

The 24" isnt going to hurt your saw. You'll just want to turn your oiler up all the way if you havent already.

OK... i gotcha ya, this handle has a switch for heat in the winter months and also the carb is heated in the winter with a lil switch for that too.

For real should i crank up the oiler all the way or just some?
How much oil will that use man...about a tank of oil for a tank of gas or what not a big deal at all just need to know?
Will cranking it up all the way be sufficient enough?
:chainsaw:

Yeah there is a Readers rides page on the main site column. I have ridden Trikes, Quads and dirt bikes but I have a 700 kawasaki vtwin Quad at the moment with a dyna cdi, modded twin pipes, modded snorkel. I machined the clutches so that the belt rides higher and I get about 78mph out of her running a black spring on the secondary. I have a 4x4 so I am limited as to what I can do. I can smoke a racequad when I can get traction until he hits last gear and then after a second or two he will pass me unless he has mods and than he will get the holeshot and I will be left at the starting line but I will stay with him until about 65mph. If I built a stronger engine I could beat most anything but I don't need that much power and on a 4x4 platform it is kind of pointless. My next purchase will be a Yamaha Rhino. I tried one out and they are worth the money a good play around machine that can take four people or a very good work machine that can haul 1500 lbs with ease. I would like a 4 pic post on the readers rides forum just to check out your banshee that thing is very nice and I can see a lot of thought went into the design as well as some performance mods.

Ok... i will post some pics of my shee when we were at sand fest in Oregon 2 weeks ago. I will also post up my 2 trucks, my boat, dirt bike and hell even my nitro RC monster trucks and mabey even my tractor..gimmie a lil bit!

Last edited:
OK... i gotcha ya, this handle has a switch for heat in the winter months and also the carb is heated in the winter with a lil switch for that too.

For real should i crank up the oiler all the way or just some?
How much oil will that use man...about a tank of oil for a tank of gas or what not a big deal at all just need to know?
Will cranking it up all the way be sufficient enough?
:chainsaw:

No worries, I've got my oiler up all the way on my 20" bar.

hey that's what it is all about. I spent $3000 on an electric bike recently and everyone thought I was crazy until the gas prices rose and now they want me to build them one! I am always open to new ideas and jump on new proven technology that works well. With my non existant car payment non existant insurance payment and low maintanace costs how can I loose? I take the odd cab in bad weather but otherwise I do my own thing on the ebike.

Depends if you are repeatedly burying the bar or not. I have a 30SC full comp chain for my 25" and have buried it, just don't push too hard.

Thanxs. Im in no hurry to cut at speed, just need to get the job done. Just im having second thoughts on my bar length with the MS 341.

I have a 20 and a 25 for my 361, I have been using the 25 now for the last 6 months with no problems. In fact, I'm starting to like the balance much better than the 20. The 25 is also easier on the back.

Yeah, I just realized the OP is out there in BC so he should be just fine in the softwoods with that bar. I guess it was the lack of the wrap handle that threw me off.

Out here, only MS 440, 441, 460, 660, and probably 880 come with wrap handles standard. I had to order my wrap handle 5 months after I bought my 361.

The 880 I'm not sure of because I've never seen one on the shelf.

I have a 20 and a 25 for my 361, I have been using the 25 now for the last 6 months with no problems. In fact, I'm starting to like the balance much better than the 20. The 25 is also easier on the back.

Yeah but my saw a lil smaller than yours, Basically i just don't want to eff it up or be under powered or over work this saw.

Also whats the different's or advantage/disadvantage or running a full chain verses a skip...besides the more to sharpen?
:)

Your saw is rated at 4.2 HP which is enough to run a 24" bar out here.

Do a search on here for skip chain and you will find all the info you could ever want.

Ok thanx.

So if i wanted to buy a full wrap handle could my dealer get one for me or would online be better?

Dealer. I don't even know of one for that saw you can get online - you can go custom made though. I bought the whole kit for mine including clutch cover and dual bumper spike/chain roller kit. However only the handle and inner spike would fit because my variant won't take most of the other parts. Handle itself was $89 I believe.

BTW I LOVE my wrap handle.

Latest posts

Back