Need Help Selecting a Second Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading about saw weights, asking these guys about selling a saw. That's early symptoms of CAD, have seen it many times. Keep the J-red, it will look good with the 20 others on the shelf in about a year.:laugh:

I'd put an 16" on the Jonny and it won't feel so far behind and more nimble than the 362.
Stick with a 20 and 25" on the 362. Not as fun as buying a new saw but sure would be the most economical.
But if you have to have a new saw the MS241 is great choice. Love mine.

I'd put an 16" on the Jonny and it won't feel so far behind and more nimble than the 362.
Stick with a 20 and 25" on the 362. Not as fun as buying a new saw but sure would be the most economical.

I thought about that a LOT. Was hoping with the shorter bar I could step up the sprocket but I didn’t see any option for an upgrade. If she was a real fast saw that might justify the added weight.

Cut down a crabapple with it tonight. It’s really a nice saw, and if it weren’t for already owning the 362 I’d probably be completely satisfied with it... for now.

Anyone mod a 2255?

If the 2255 is a clamshell case don't waste your $$$ on porting. You will never get any of it back. Try a muffler mod yourself.

Back