New 372XP followed me home..now what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
Congrats Yote! Cutting going on here in Michigan and you two don't even shout for other Michiganders to join ya?

Cutting going on here in Michigan and you two don't even shout for other Michiganders to join ya?

Dinger tried to round up some troops the first cutting day, however there were some schedule conflicts. But I agree, we need a good ol' Michigan sawin' extravaganza! :chainsaw: :rock:

Bowtech,

Now that the weather has broke, Hells yeah!!

Sorry I didn't nag at you as well.

Was trying for a small local gtg of us guys in sw Mich.
Just didn't pan out and nuz and I ended up cutting and hauling trees all of a sudden...

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Heading out the door right now to finish up on that Elm.

I will definately put the saw on Nuzzys Tach!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

We did find out something strange though. Apparently this particular 372 is impervious to the tach :dizzy:

We could not get a proper reading no matter what we did. Tried with cables, tried with the remote capabilities, close up, far away, NOTHING read correctly. Kept saying like 6 or 8K when we could hear proof that was not the case! The same tach using the same procedure read just fine on my 046 and Dinger's 455, but would not read the 372...:confused:

Very strange. I personally think he got a military issue radar scrambling 372 by accident.

We did find out something strange though. Apparently this particular 372 is impervious to the tach :dizzy:

We could not get a proper reading no matter what we did. Tried with cables, tried with the remote capabilities, close up, far away, NOTHING read correctly. Kept saying like 6 or 8K when we could hear proof that was not the case! The same tach using the same procedure read just fine on my 046 and Dinger's 455, but would not read the 372...:confused:

Very strange. I personally think he got a military issue radar scrambling 372 by accident.

Did ya try it while in the wood??? If it has the limited coil it can throw the tach off, if its bouncing off the limiter.

Did ya try it while in the wood??? If it has the limited coil it can throw the tach off, if its bouncing off the limiter.

No we didn't. That could very well be the reason then! Figured there must be some reason specific to the saw that was goofing things up...

No we didn't. That could very well be the reason then! Figured there must be some reason specific to the saw that was goofing things up...

Yes, this is what I hear anyway. I don't have first hand experience with it, but heard the limiter can play havoc with a tach. Next time try it in the wood when the rpm is lower.

Nuzzy,

Thanks for posting those Pics!

I'll bet it is the limiter fouling the readings.

Max power is made around 9,500RPM, and I'll bet a Cabesa Taco that the ignition cuts back in at around 10G's to keep the saw pulling after limiting out, and the dwell time is short enough that the Tach just isn't reading it.

Maybe tomorrow we can find a nice fat Red Oak and tinker again.

The fact we got higher readings when it was fattened up means the saw was accellerating slower through to cut off, and gave the tach time to register the reading. LOL!!!!!!
That means the 372XP accellerates faster than the digital processor operates.:love1:

Thanks for scratching your head over this one with me...
I'd otherwise just write it off as further evidence of dementia.

Kudo's to Parris!!!!!!!!!
Ya saved me $$$ I'd have otherwise blown at the Shrinks office.

Stay safe!!!
Dingeryote

Nuzzy,

Thanks for posting those Pics!

I'll bet it is the limiter fouling the readings.

Max power is made around 9,500RPM, and I'll bet a Cabesa Taco that the ignition cuts back in at around 10G's to keep the saw pulling after limiting out, and the dwell time is short enough that the Tach just isn't reading it.

Maybe tomorrow we can find a nice fat Red Oak and tinker again.

The fact we got higher readings when it was fattened up means the saw was accellerating slower through to cut off, and gave the tach time to register the reading. LOL!!!!!!
That means the 372XP accellerates faster than the digital processor operates.:love1:

Thanks for scratching your head over this one with me...
I'd otherwise just write it off as further evidence of dementia.

Kudo's to Parris!!!!!!!!!
Ya saved me $$$ I'd have otherwise blown at the Shrinks office.

Stay safe!!!
Dingeryote

No prob. But I think the limiter is higher then 10k, I thought it was 13.5k

Parris,
The limiter i set to cut the ignition at 13,500.
It resets(SWAG) at around 10,000 and is why Nuzzys tach is reading near there.

Nothing to read higher, and more cycles at that range for the computer to average into a reading.

Thanks again!

Dingeryote

Back