New Dolmar 60cc strato saw, PS 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I've just never had the "trouble" with the air filters on the Dolmars... It's just a non-issue to me...
Does that make me weird???
:confused:

I've run WAY worse on Stihl's...

I guess I've just never had the "trouble" with the air filters on the Dolmars... It's just a non-issue to me...

Nah... doesn't make you weird... Later down the road i will probably not even think or care about it but for now... I think about flocked air filters falling apart and going into the intake and wearing on the P&C from the intake side. Dust particles of any size will cause some mi-nute wear so I'd just like to keep them out if I can. I know most of my saws won't go the distance with me, but it's nice to know that a little better air filtration will make them last that much longer... Does that make me weird? :confused:

And yeah... Stihls are probably the most notorious for not having any prefilter or good prefilter... Actually had a guy come back with a farmboss I sold him and told me it wouldn't run... Blew off the air filter and it started in 2 pulls...

This is a Strato saw with no Cat. Going to be released in Germany this spring but no ETA for the US. Probably going to be fall 2013 at the earliest.

SAS = Stratified Air Scavenging

Is the advertised weight of the 562 the actual scaled weight with everything but the bar, chain, & fluids?

This is a Strato saw with no Cat. Going to be released in Germany this spring but no ETA for the US. Probably going to be fall 2013 at the earliest.

Is the advertised weight of the 562 the actual scaled weight with everything but the bar, chain, & fluids?

Should mod well then... That's nice to know...

It has never been a problem but it does concern me when you have some fines inside the filter. (The fines are small enough that it probably is not going to hurt anything but seeing a film of small particles inside the filter it does scare you at first.) The problem has been mitigated for me after some use, it seems like after the filters have been on for a while I see less fines inside the filter. I never had my 029 do that but I do not have to brush the filter off every couple of tanks or so on my 5100 like you would have to on my 029. At the end of the day I think most would agree that the new filter on the 6100 is an improvement. You are not weird, I can totally see your point.

I've wondered about the supposed weight of the 562 myself, some published specs are very generous to the saw being sold.

I'm looking forward to the 6100 coming to the US. It will be added to my stable when it gets here.

Mr. HE:cool:

The 6400 is 14lbs 10oz, and the MS361 is closer to 13lbs than 12.5.

361.JPG photo - WYK photos at pbase.com
7900 bb.JPG photo - WYK photos at pbase.com

I'm curious to see the price and performance in the US.

Looks cool for a strato... Air filter looks adequate but what do we know till we run the saw...? Stratos from what I hear are a PITA to do port work on.

The styling looks like they mixed the old 6800i/9010 "box" style with the "aero" design of the 6400-7900 and kicked out the 6100.

Seems like a direct contender with the ms362 for saws that need to meet US emission requirements.

6100 = 3.4 kw ~ 4.56 hp, 13lbs, 59cc
ms362 = 3.4Lw ~4.56 hp, 13lbs, 59cc

But look at the older stihl models. both 12.25-12.5lbs, 59-60cc
ms360 = 4.5 hp
ms361 = 4.6 hp (or 5hp with muffler and carb tweak)

Which would you rather have??? an older, lighter saw that has potential to be ported for more power or the newer heavier saw that seems power potential is more limited?

Where is dolmar with warrenty of their saws now b/c I know professional use on Stihl chainsaws just got cut to 90days!

And honestly why would Dolmar make another 60cc (ish) saw to contend with their 6400 which has a time tested proven platform?!?!?!? The 6400 already passes us emissions so why make another 60cc to release here? The market is already saturated with good/great 60cc saws... I would think their best move would be to make a 90-95cc to compete with the ms660 and 394/395 saws since thier 9010 was outlawed from the states for not passing EPA emissions...
just my 2cents...

All the reasonably reliable evidence points at a true empty PHO weight of 12.8 lbs/ 5.8 kg for the 562xp, which also is the spec over in Europe.

The 12.3 lbs weight of the 560xp has been confirmed by KWF, but that is the only reasonably reliable sourse on that one ,so far.

6.0 kg is 13.2 lbs btw, not 13.0 as stated earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
What type of wood are you guys cutting that you have so much prolems with flocked filters? I have a sharp chain that alone helps a lot! Just being a nuicance! :D

Back to seriousness!

Would like to see the saws filled with the equal amount of fuel and equal set up to get a good comparison.

Dolmar 6100
fuel tank 0.8 litres = 1.7 pints (that sure is a lot of fuel with a lot of cutting time!)
oil tank 0.48 litres = 0.126 pints

Husqvarna 562 (now this becomes strange because on the US and the German Husqvarna site are totally different numbers!)
fuel tank ? litres = ? pints (no mention what so ever!)
oil tank 0.35 litres = 0.092 pints (US 0.7 pint)

Wonder how that would end.

What type of wood are you guys cutting that you have so much prolems with flocked filters? I have a sharp chain that alone helps a lot! Just being a nuicance! :D

Back to seriousness!

Would like to see the saws filled with the equal amount of fuel and equal set up to get a good comparison.

Dolmar 6100
fuel tank 0.8 litres = 1.7 pints (that sure is a lot of fuel with a lot of cutting time!)

Husqvarna 562 (now this becomes strange because on the US and the German Husqvarna site are totally different numbers!)

Good point. The MS660 on paper weighs nearly a pound more than the 390xp. But in reality, the 390xp is only about 8 ounces lighter. But, it can carry 10 ounces more liquids. So a 390 can actually weigh more overall. Even so, I would easily trade powerhead weight for more fuel and oil capacity.

All the reasonably reliable evidence points at a true empty PHO weight of 12.8 lbs/ 5.8 kg for the 562xp, which also is the spec over in Europe.

The 12.3 lbs weight of the 560xp has been confirmed by KWF, but that is the only reasonably reliable sourse on that one ,so far.

6.0 kg is 13.2 lbs btw, not 13.0 as stated earlier in the thread.

I see where TK scaled a dry 562 at 12.8 lbs. So we are at 12.8 vs 13.2 on the two saws. The 13.2/6.0kg should be the out of the box weight.

Back to seriousness!

Dolmar 6100

Yes the fuel & oil tanks are larger on the 6100 than the 6400-7910 series. They are advertising a up to 30 minute run time.

Fuel Capacities:
PS-5105 = .47L
PS-6100 = .80L
PS-7910 = .75L
PS-9010 = 1.0L

562XP = .65L (Advertised in the 562XP Owners Manual)

attachment.php

View attachment 277664

I've never had any "trouble" with the filters on ANY saws.
Anyone arguing about filters in this country is just "borrowing something to complain about"!

When saws get to the point that the only thing I have left to worry about is air filtration, I won't have any worries at ALL!!!

Mike

Anyone arguing about filters in this country is just "borrowing something to complain about"!

When saws get to the point that the only thing I have left to worry about is air filtration, I won't have any worries at ALL!!!

Mike

I'm willing to agree with you on that, just don't tell me the sideways balance is an issue. :laugh:

Mike

I have seen zero issues with the 50cc saws. But the small flocked filters on the larger saws under commercial use simply don't cut it. From what I've seen with the timber fallers around here, it's not that they don't filter adequately, the issue is that the interval between cleanings is frequent and becomes less and less until it has to be replaced because just blowing it off no longer gets enough of the particles out.

The first thread on the new 6100 here in germany that I am aware of.

Raubüberfall bei Detlev • Motorsägen-Portal

Thanks, I had to run the thread through google translate but I think I've gotten the gist of most of it.
Unfortunately my German sucks.

I like the airfilter, that'll be well appreciated in this part of the world.
It's also really clean around the sprocket/chain area, nice.

Not too fussed on the styling, but it's a saw, not a piece of industrial art, and they have to hide the twin throttle butterflies somehow. :D

Latest posts

Back