New DOLMARS For The New Year!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either one will run full comp just fine! We sell a lot of 7900 with the carlton full comp awesome saw for the weight!

You are soooo weak!

Oily-Jim I sooooo remember you goading me into this purhase.

And now....you talked yourself into two new saws....all by yourself!!!!

HARR!!!!!!

PS...You will like em~!

Dolmar fan...but keepin my Stihls.

Last edited:
Oily-Jim I sooooo remember you goading me into this purhase.

And now....you talked yourself into two new saws....all by yourself!!!!

HARR!!!!!!

PS...You will like em~!

Dolmar fan...but keepin my Stihls.

Dapper! I thought that you'd have an MS 880 by now...what's going on? Yah better get down there and pick-one up while you're in the saw buying mood! By the way, I didn't talk myself into those saws...they just followed me home on their own accord! :monkey:

Congrats, welcome to the club. You;ll really like them after you get some time on them. They are my two favorite saws. All mine get used, but the 5100 and 7900 are the go to saws.

One thing I will warn you......If you are happy with the 7900 out of the box....well them just you wait.

I wasn't that thrilled with my first 7900 (6401 makita conversion), but after it got a couple gallons thru it, it was a totally differant saw. A year and a half later, I still think it runs better every time I run it. lol.

Dapper! I thought that you'd have an MS 880 by now...what's going on? Yah better get down there and pick-one up while you're in the saw buying mood! By the way, I didn't talk myself into those saws...they just followed me home on their own accord! :monkey:

Yeah....right! :p

I (correctly) predicted on the 5100 thread you had a 7900 bought!

I also predict, unless your 460 is modded you are gonna be really amazed with the 7900.

Found a task for the MS660....Got a old snag out to the gun club I help run that is a eyesore. Big old Oak...blown off about 20' above ground. Base must be 5 ft across (not countin big exposed roots, maybe 7') I gotta plan....pics when it happens.

I also predict, unless your 460 is modded you are gonna be really amazed with the 7900.

Found a task for the MS660....Got a old snag out to the gun club I help run that is a eyesore. Big old Oak...blown off about 20' above ground. Base must be 5 ft across (not countin big exposed roots, maybe 7') I gotta plan....pics when it happens.

Ok...I hear yah...pics when it happens...I want to see some of the 880 in action as well! You won't be happy until you own that saw Dapper! Make the plunge...it'll make yah SMILE!

:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

Good!!!

GOOD, We want pics, lots and lots of pics!! If it really is 7' then you'll really be puttin' that 36" bar to use! Is the 660 broke in yet?:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

About a week ago I picked-up a new 5100S. I've been dying to get this little saw out into some wood; but I've been holding off! The reason I was; is because I was waiting on the arrival of the second half of the equation. Today, the wait stops! My 7900 showed up and now I've got both halfs of the team rearing to go! Both of these saws feel great just picking them up in the hands...I'm not expecting to be dissapointed in the least bit once I've sunk them into wood. I'm going to make a party of it and invite my MS-460 and MS-260P out with us. My 460 doesn't have anything but a DP Muffler on it and I did the Muf Mod on the 260 myself as per Lake's simple instructions. Should be fun! Well, here are a couple of pics of the new childrens in their Sunday go to meet'n clothes (Windsor Bars). Whatcha Think Boys! :cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

:cheers:
I knew you were gonna have a new baby! Full grown at birth! Nice saws Jim. Congrats

How much are the 7900's going for? $700?

A 460 Stihl goes for about $800 or so right? Thats the closest saw I can think of in terms of power and weight. I am just trying to get a feel for how much of a bargain the 7900 really is.

How much are the 7900's going for? $700?

A 460 Stihl goes for about $800 or so right? Thats the closest saw I can think of in terms of power and weight. I am just trying to get a feel for how much of a bargain the 7900 really is.

yup, they really are. Some dealers get MSRP, just like other brand dealers, but there are dealers out there that will move a little. How much is a 385xp at your dealer? After running and owning one, I would pay more if I had to. It really is that much more saw than the 460 or 385.

A pretty odd choise of chain, I believe - why Windsor, and why skip on a 24" bar?

:greenchainsaw:

LOL. Actually, The Windsor chain was all stuff that I already had on hand. I have plenty of f-comp for this set-up as well. Personally, I like Windsor chain...I run it from time to time on some of my other saws when I'm in clean wood and it does real well.

A pretty odd choise of chain, I believe - why Windsor, and why skip on a 24" bar?

We are selling more and more Windsor (Branded WoodsmanPRO) chain every day, mainly on the west coast. We call it our X-series. It is a very good product for the price.

We are selling more and more Windsor (Branded WoodsmanPRO) chain every day, mainly on the west coast. We call it our X-series. It is a very good product for the price.

I thought your WoodsmanPro was Carlton? I prefer Windsor chain myself, but can never find it. Is there a special designation for the Windsor made chain, is it the X?

OK, I thought most of the W-pro chains were Carlton, or a Carlton/Oregon mix of parts.

There has also been negative comments about Windsor chains here lately, as I remember it.

I have never tried Windsor, but has been given a couple of 13" .050 .325 ones to try on the 339xp - I will report on them when I have tried them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back