New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Injected is addl $ and addl wt, don't hold your breath.

I had a non M Tronic 441 and actually like it. I sold it to my next door neighbor and he loves it. I actually just sharpened the chain on that saw today. I know the web site says they are the same, but I would like to see the actual wt of both a non M Tronic and a M Tronic version posted (I don' trust website wts). I have a suspicion that the non M Tronic version is lighter.

I've also heard the ported ones may run a little stronger because you can advance the timing.

I've also heard the ported ones may run a little stronger because you can advance the timing.
There are some m tronic saws that go better with timing advanced and some that don't. Same as any saw. You can check brads video on the new 201tcm - it got a nice gain from advancing the ignition. My ported 562 husky gained a little too.
The traditional carby version may be stronger after porting, if it is I don't think it's because of the ignition side of the game.

I must be the odd one out, had a 441Rcm from Mastermind, smooth fantastic power, great ground saw but never liked the feel of it or the balance as a climbing saw

The 044xb he sent me feels so much better and being a new recipe has bags of power

I don't think Randy likes to move the timing on M Tronic saws, and I believe I saw that is why his 261s w/o M Tronic may be a bit stronger due to that.

Treesmith, as you know, I flat out agree with you on those new recipe 044s! Hard to imagine a saw with better power/wt. Would like to see if the 12mm s are just as strong.

Back