New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we'll all be wrong and they'll be replacing the 362? Just looking at the size of the handle in relation to the body of the saw. Or, who knows. Maybe it will be an MS5xx for something to compete with the 390XP.

I really hope they don't replace either of the 4.5 cube Stihls. I really like them both. But I also don't see any true bad choices in that size range on the market from the major manufacturers either.

Maybe we'll all be wrong and they'll be replacing the 362? Just looking at the size of the handle in relation to the body of the saw. Or, who knows. Maybe it will be an MS5xx for something to compete with the 390XP.

I really hope they don't replace either of the 4.5 cube Stihls. I really like them both. But I also don't see any true bad choices in that size range on the market from the major manufacturers either.
I was thinking that looked more like a 60cc saw too.
How old is the 362? Seems to early for a replacement.

I was thinking that looked more like a 60cc saw too.
How old is the 362? Seems to early for a replacement.

It hasn't been around all that long... I want to say I first saw it when I was buying a couple 441s to replace 2 440s I lost when I had to run from a wildland fire back in 2010. But it's pretty well regarded as a strikeout by Stihl compared to its predecessor and Swede-built competition, so I could see why it would be updated first. In comparison, there are a lot of people who love the 441/461.

362 was out in the 2009 time frame and had mtron added about 2 years ago so i highly doubt its gettin updated already , every cutter ive worked with or know hates 441s..idk why i dont mind them too much , The 441 is almost ten years old in design already and with husqvarnas new 70cc saw gettin close it wouldnt shock me if this new stihl is a direct competitor for the 572xp or whatever is called..a 461 is loved by even some husqvarna fans and respected by every timber faller that reviews it..stihl would be dumb to drop it..but i guess anythings possible.

362 was out in the 2009 time frame and had mtron added about 2 years ago so i highly doubt its gettin updated already , every cutter ive worked with or know hates 441s..idk why i dont mind them too much , The 441 is almost ten years old in design already and with husqvarnas new 70cc saw gettin close it wouldnt shock me if this new stihl is a direct competitor for the 572xp or whatever is called..a 461 is loved by even some husqvarna fans and respected by every timber faller that reviews it..stihl would be dumb to drop it..but i guess anythings possible.

I have 8 guys on my crew who will tell you that they like the 441C-M more than the 461. My fallers reach for a 441 over a 461 if they want to fall all day. It's just a more modern, user friendly platform. But hey, that's all I think.

You could argue the 441 needs to be lighter & more compact.

Or, you could argue the 461 needs spring AV & M-Tronic.

I have no idea, I just hope it is a good saw and better than what it replaces.

And maybe they can make a flippy cap that drops ever 1/3 turn instead of just once in 360 degrees! I think that would solve most of the flippy cap problems, people try to close them when they have not dropped.

I have 8 guys on my crew who will tell you that they like the 441C-M more than the 461. My fallers reach for a 441 over a 461 if they want to fall all day. It's just a more modern, user friendly platform. But hey, that's all I think.
A local piece cutter has been running the 441 since it came out. He seems to like them.

You could argue the 441 needs to be lighter & more compact.

Or, you could argue the 461 needs spring AV & M-Tronic.

I have no idea, I just hope it is a good saw and better than what it replaces.

And maybe they can make a flippy cap that drops ever 1/3 turn instead of just once in 360 degrees! I think that would solve most of the flippy cap problems, people try to close them when they have not dropped.
I can't understand the flippy cap problems. I HAVE had them on 6 saws and have not had a single issue.

Latest posts

Back