New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But really, if you have a 362 and a 661 you don't NEED a 441/461. You NEED to learn how to properly use your gear. And I think then you won't NEED anything else. I don't know you as a sawyer, but that's an issue most guys here have. They spend most of their time on here talking about how great what they have is and what they think they need when in honest reality they only need one 50-70cc chainsaw with an 18-25" bar.

Trust me. Wildland fallers do just about every piece of saw work we do with one chainsaw. And it's usually 70 or 90cc with bars between 28-36". And I'm in the double digits of years doing it.
IMAG0678.jpg

You are right. I really NEED to learn how to properly use my equipment, or I might hurt myself or something silly. I have NO clue what I'm doing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

IMAG0677.jpg

Oh, and for the record, the high stump in the foreground isn't mine...

View attachment 451548

You are right. I really NEED to learn how to properly use my equipment, or I might hurt myself or something silly. I have NO clue what I'm doing. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

View attachment 451549

Oh, and for the record, the high stump in the foreground isn't mine...

Cool, so you have a need for a large saw. That's great. I'm a wildland hazard faller guy-I don't care what the stump looks like as long as I put it on the ground where I want it safely.. But do you really need a 70 cc saw when you have two that already do the same thing? No. So why blow an extra $1300 on something you don't use to make a living when you could just go out with a 362 and 661 and get what you need done. I just can't grasp the "I need every chainsaw in the world" philosophy when I've always done everything I've needed with one.

There is no best size chainsaw , i think alot of people have the small pecker syndrome when it comes to size selection , i along with most people could cut my firewood with a saw 60cc or smaller , Guys leave here thinkin they need a ported 70cc saw to cut a 15 or 20" log into firewood lengths..of you want one because you want one thats fine , but its totally overkill for a majority of users..and the benefit is hardly there to carry the extra weight ( To those who care ) to cut an average sized east coast log into firewood.

Fact.

I agree that what you need (or should have) depends on you and what you generally cut, and a non ported 044 will work pretty darn good also.

That said, I think a guy that already has a 362 and a 661 has a pretty good idea if a saw in between the two would be useful to him.

I don't tell other people what they should or should not have, that is an individual decision.

I respectfully disagree, a 70 cc saw is a big step up in power from a 60 cc, and a lot lighter than a 90. IMO, they are often the most useful size you can have.

Its a big step with bigger bars in bigger wood mike , you wont cut an average sized 20" log into firewood lengths in a measurably faster time with a 70cc over a 60cc saw , if the dude wants a 70cc saw thats cool , but its not necessary.

So I don't need a ported 120cc saw for a 32" bar????????[emoji33]

I think if a guy is gonna buy a 290 for firewood i agree he may as well buy a 044/440 they feel damn near the same weight.

Some of the landscapers around me pull a single with a mower/blower/trimmer with a 1 ton dually diesel..some pull the same thing with a 1/2 ton..i guess its all what your into and how people perceive things.

There is no best size chainsaw , i think alot of people have the small pecker syndrome when it comes to size selection , i along with most people could cut my firewood with a saw 60cc or smaller , Guys leave here thinkin they need a ported 70cc saw to cut a 15 or 20" log into firewood lengths..of you want one because you want one thats fine , but its totally overkill for a majority of users..and the benefit is hardly there to carry the extra weight ( To those who care ) to cut an average sized east coast log into firewood.

Fact.
Its a big step with bigger bars in bigger wood mike , you wont cut an average sized 20" log into firewood lengths in a measurably faster time with a 70cc over a 60cc saw , if the dude wants a 70cc saw thats cool , but its not necessary.
You are such a dumb-ass that I didn't even bother reading u'r poasts. If I had read them, I probably would have been made stupider.

:laugh:

You are such a dumb-ass that I didn't even bother reading u'r poasts. If I had read them, I probably would have been made stupider.

Ive been tryin to work on my poasting to maik more cents and maik them more reeder frendly with godd senseorship..i gues im not doing a godd job :(

... a 70 cc saw is a big step up in power from a 60 cc...

I agree. And if you consider the good 60cc saws against the good lightweight 70cc saws, you're not saving enough weight to give up the noticeable gain in power. But then again, I'm a critic of 60cc saws, so do what feels good.

You are such a dumb-ass that I didn't even bother reading u'r poasts. If I had read them, I probably would have been

I'm not sure that's possible is it?:laugh:

Latest posts

Back