New MS462 C-M...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the MS441C-M was Stihl's first approach with M-Tronic. Gradually their portfolio of professional saws has been moved to saws with M-Tronic.

So, if there's a market space for a 76cc saw, even when already having a 71cc model, a MS461C-M makes sense as an evolutionary model. The current one already has an 2-MIX engine.

Making it a MS462 would imply a substantial redesign. Is that where Stihl sees future market opportunities?

That sucks. I was hoping the 441 was getting replaced.

Ive been told the exact opposite , its like any other saw before it arrives..we wont know til its here , so i dont believe anything really..remember before the 461 arrived people said it was gonna be springy and have some type of air injection..

What's the deal with the 441 never really gaining full ecceptance by loggers?

Rubber AV sucks! Can't imagine preferring rubber over springs.
I have asked several loggers if they like the 441 or 661 ,Most have told me a 440-460- or a 660 is their choice ,one company i know bought 15 ms460's just to have spares when they quit making them ,most of them wont even run a 461 still ,very few will run a husky for production here also ,across the water in canada will see more though .

I have asked several loggers if they like the 441 or 661 ,Most have told me a 440-460- or a 660 is their choice ,one company i know bought 15 ms460's just to have spares when they quit making them ,most of them wont even run a 461 still ,very few will run a husky for production here also ,across the water in canada will see more though .
Interesting?.......................I think the 462 Pics are a fake.

Frankly that's stupid and in several ways.

Why no 461s ? .. same saw but better in my worthless opinion.

Frankly that's stupid and in several ways.

That is personal opinion and preference ,i see a lot of loads of logs on trucks everyday go by here ,so they must know what works and what doesn't by now .

Why no 461s ? .. same saw but better in my worthless opinion.

Most of them are set in their ways ,they call the 461 an emissions saw ,it is more they run what works and what they know , A few are swapping over to the 461 mostly because they can not get the 460 anymore

I personally like the 461 better too ,but i am just a backyard hack with more saws than i need so what do i know also .

That is personal opinion and preference ,i see a lot of loads of logs on trucks everyday go by here ,so they must know what works and what doesn't by now .

Most of them are set in their ways ,they call the 461 an emissions saw ,it is more they run what works and what they know , A few are swapping over to the 461 mostly because they can not get the 460 anymore

I personally like the 461 better too ,but i am just a backyard hack with more saws than i need so what do i know also .
Its stupid to think a husky saw won't do the same damn thing. Up in BC cutting the same kinda trees guys probaly say the same thing about Stihls.

Back