new saw coming!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67x

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well I had some trees taken down on my property and I was able to convince the wife to let me get a new, bigger saw. I love my dolmar ps 420 and was undecided if I should save a few $$ and get a 5100 or spend the extra coin and pop for the 6400. With that said there's an ms362 on its way with my name on it! My old lady had sticker shock. I had to laugh. She wanted to know what was so funny about a $640 saw. My answer to her was "she had no issue spending double that on a tv" This saw is gonna "save" me money. Hey, works for me! :hmm3grin2orange:

You got a REAL good deal at $640...with a 20" b&c here it's $690..!!..

Congrats..!! You will really love that saw after about 15-20 tank-fulls..!!..:msp_thumbup:
:cheers:
J2F

You got a REAL good deal at $640...with a 20" b&c here it's $690..!!..

Congrats..!! You will really love that saw after about 15-20 tank-fulls..!!..:msp_thumbup:
J2F

That price included 25" b&c too! just waiting for the call to pick it up.

That price included 25" b&c too! just waiting for the call to pick it up.
I have an 18' - 20" - and 24" bar for my 036.

I just don't like the performance with the 24" b/c vs. the 20"...but that's JMHO..!!
(my 036 is stout..with 165 lb. compression..am just sayin'..it ain't the saw..just me..)

Get back to us after you get it and run it a bit..I again..really think you will love it..!!
J2F

The problem with a bar that long, is the saw doesn't balance well at all. The bar will be hanging nose down all the time, which causes the operator to constantly pull up on the front handle and push down on the rear handle. That is going to wear your a$$ out. If you drop start the saw, that bar is going to be flailing around and the tip could easily hit the ground.

I ran that setup for several years when I didn't have a bigger saw.

Great saw to compliment the Dolmar you already have. But, watch out you will be shopping for an 80-90cc saw in the near future. I agree with what others have said about the 25" bar, the MS362 is much better suited to a 20" bar. Lots of threads on here to back that up as well. Might consider having the dealer throw a 20" on when you pick it up, unless you have some burning desire to run a 25" bar. Either way, its a great saw that can easily handle 95% of a common firewooder's tasks. And, FWIW, mine was $625 with a 25" bar, your dealer is on the low end for sure, nice job!

The only real reason I'm getting the 25" b&c is because it's cheaper to get it with the powerhead and add the 20" bar later. I really only need the 20" bar but I do have some larger stuff that I can use in. I'm only a homeowner cutting up firewood. I just don't want to kill the 420 on the bigger wood. The only problem with waiting for the 362 to arrive is I'm already looking at the 441. 440 would be great, but I really do think my wife would kill me. :msp_ohmy:

Got the saw. Unfortunately wasn't able to get it for the lower price. Local dealer had a bit of an issue getting his hands on one for this weekend(not his fault I'm impatient). I was able to source another 362 locally for $650 with a 20" b&c. Still a decent price :msp_thumbup: Weather is crappy and I don't have much daylight to play so it'll have to wait for sunday :msp_mad:

Got the saw. Unfortunately wasn't able to get it for the lower price. Local dealer had a bit of an issue getting his hands on one for this weekend(not his fault I'm impatient). I was able to source another 362 locally for $650 with a 20" b&c. Still a decent price :msp_thumbup: Weather is crappy and I don't have much daylight to play so it'll have to wait for sunday :msp_mad:

i bet he wasnt happy loosing a sale.

Ya Stihl got a great deal...and you will like the 20" bar much better...trust me on this..!!
J2F

i bet he wasnt happy loosing a sale.

I'm sure nobody likes to lose a sale, but I think he understands. I really wanted the saw for this weekend and he was unsure if he could get it. I'll go back to him for everything else. He's a good guy and is only 5min from my house.

Latest posts

Back