New saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in just about the same boat as you earlier this may. Bought the 361 and am happy as heck that I did. Spend the extra 200 and get a real saw. :greenchainsaw:

BTW as for husky...:deadhorse:

No doubt that the deals on the 372xp are very good in the US right now - wish they were the same here - but no such luck. :laugh: :bang:

However, if you don't need the extra power of the 372xp, you probably don't want to carry the extra 1 3/4 lbs (.8 kg) either .......

tdb said:
Thanks , for all the advice , I do have a local dealer , Nelson speed shop , Great guys and gals , I looked at newer used saws on E-bay , and how do you know what you get , the dealership has been good to me , took my 032 in a few month ago , I could not get it to run , it would fire if i put gas down the spark plug hole , to make a long story short Barry at the counter took the saw apart , took the carb off , tore the carb apart and there was moisture on the screen, put it back together , pulled the rope , and I have been cutting wood since . He did this at no charge . how can I not buy another saw from them . OK I think I will go with 361 . Thank-you for all the advice . 20years from now I will post a picture of 361 and 032 . I wont be able to wait that long ,I will when I bring it home . Ted.

:clap: Yep, I think if someone has done you a favour, you owe them one back too. In the long run, the saws that have been discussed are all fine. Get a saw that you'll be happy with from a place that you like.

There is a lot more to a deal than price.

I have it.

Ok I was saving up for a new 361 , I went to my stihl dealer to get a cable for my leave blower and they had a used 361 on self , I asked the service person about the saw and he said it was his saw , and it was to much saw for his needs , he bought it last fall an cut about 4 cords of wood with it . lt , has bar marks , other then that it looks new , had to do a little talking but got it for 425.00 out the door with case and file and extra chain I am happy , I was saving for a new one for 625.00 out the door . can't wait to try it out . I think I got a great deal , let me know what you think . Thanks Ted.
000_0603.jpg

tdb said:
Ok I was saving up for a new 361 , I went to my stihl dealer to get a cable for my leave blower and they had a used 361 on self , I asked the service person about the saw and he said it was his saw , and it was to much saw for his needs , he bought it last fall an cut about 4 cords of wood with it . lt , has bar marks , other then that it looks new , had to do a little talking but got it for 425.00 out the door with case and file and extra chain I am happy , I was saving for a new one for 625.00 out the door . can't wait to try it out . I think I got a great deal , let me know what you think . Thanks Ted.
000_0603.jpg

Good looking saw there and a good price as well. All the 361's I've sold have had nothing but great reviews from those that have bought them. I've yet to get one back for any repair and have yet to get one complaint about them. You made a wise choice. I think you pulled off a great deal.

Im an amatuer and I bought the ms 361, I went up with my boss from work to get a small load or 2. I cut with my 361 and he didn't even get his little poulan out of the box except to cut the end off a couple for his truck.
He couldn't mark out the eight footers with a pole and paint and haul as fast as I could cut. He was pretty impressed with the saw. I told him yeah its a good saw but the chains a little dull witch it was. He said I need to get me something like that.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CaseyForrest said:
Good deal!!
Ditto!:rockn:

CaseyForrest said:
Ditch that safety chain though!!!
Also ditto, but only if it is RM2.
If it is RSC3, i think it will cut about as good as RS/RSC and Oregon 70 series LP.
The lowvibe and kickback-reducing features of the RSC3 are in fact copied :taped: from the highly regarded LP chains.

Take a look at posts 14 and 19 here if the above are confusing you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back